2018 LHAC Preview

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: 2018 LHAC Preview

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Nah, I still think it's Forest Hills. Best QB/Coach combo in the league. Forest Hills has BG at home too.

I'm still concerned with BG - they lost a lot. I thought they skated by too many times last season, and of course lost to Homer. The run will slow down at some point, they always do. Clairton did, Steel High did. It's bound to happen.

I'm pretty confident in Forest Hills as # 1.
I'm not very confident with the order between #2 - #8.
I'm pretty confident with #9 - #12
Lionjacket
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Lionjacket »

BGs line definitely won’t be as big or experienced, as in years past. I think the overall speed of the LHAC teams will give them trouble this year.

I also think the Chestnut Ridge will end up higher than 8th. They definitely lost a lot, but they have enough guys primed to step in, that I think they’ll be fine. Personally, I would start Logan Pfister as QB. He is a big strong kid, who should be able to take the punishment the conference will dish out, to a running quarterback (which their system emphasizes)
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

BG, from "The Blitz": Bryant Speck, Sr., 6-2-255#, A.J. Abraham, Sr., 6-1, 245, Brady Bithell, Jr., 6-5, 302, Reed Edwards, Soph., 6-2, 241, Dalton Gochnauer Soph., 6-4, 241, Andrew Yanoshak Soph., 6-3, 205, Cameron Mahoney, Soph., 6-0, 220, Conner Ebersole, Jr., 6-4, 193, so yeah. Not much there. Can't teach size.
It ain't over until it's over.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Yeah I’m not sure how Blitz works. I don’t know if they get roster submissions or just sort of project off of last year.  It comes out pretty early in the summer so it’s hard to imagine coaches and AD’s are that responsive.
They get the info.mid May most likely or earlier. Last year Grassi was interviewed in it for PC and they just mentioned Franco getting the job. 
Lionjacket
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Lionjacket »

Manfred wrote:BG, from "The Blitz":  Bryant Speck, Sr., 6-2-255#, A.J. Abraham, Sr., 6-1, 245, Brady Bithell, Jr., 6-5, 302,  Reed Edwards, Soph., 6-2, 241, Dalton Gochnauer Soph., 6-4, 241, Andrew Yanoshak Soph., 6-3, 205, Cameron Mahoney, Soph., 6-0, 220, Conner Ebersole, Jr., 6-4, 193, so yeah.  Not much there.  Can't teach size.
I didn’t say they were tiny, just not as big as previous years. 
TyBiggums17
Freshman
Freshman

Post by TyBiggums17 »

Lionjacket wrote:
Manfred wrote:BG, from "The Blitz":  Bryant Speck, Sr., 6-2-255#, A.J. Abraham, Sr., 6-1, 245, Brady Bithell, Jr., 6-5, 302,  Reed Edwards, Soph., 6-2, 241, Dalton Gochnauer Soph., 6-4, 241, Andrew Yanoshak Soph., 6-3, 205, Cameron Mahoney, Soph., 6-0, 220, Conner Ebersole, Jr., 6-4, 193, so yeah.  Not much there.  Can't teach size.
I didn’t say they were tiny, just not as big as previous years. 
Only ONE 300+ pounder this year?? This group is still a lot bigger that the majority of class-A lines. Size/speed/strength in the trenches and depth at the skill positions have helped BG dominate mostly larger schools on their run. REAL class-A schools are lucky to get some 5’8”/205 lb, 5’l1”/225 lb linemen. Short chubby kids. If anything, the kids listed above for BG will probably give them a much quicker line. I’ve heard sometimes these preseason listings can skew the heights and weights of some of their kids. Not sure why they would, though. 
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Can anyone list FH line and size?   Lost Williams, Peretin and Bowen from last year, are they going to be able to block enough for Cecere to deliver?  On same note, big changes in front 7 on defense from a year ago.  Lost both ends, 2 tackles and stud LB in Elgin.  That is alot to replace.  Cecere will be Cecere, and Jake Shope should pick up where Long left off, with Wolfhope and Richardson get some balls on the outside.  If the line holds, could be on top again, if not who knows?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The rest of the league has a lot of the same concerns, just in different spots.  The only argument against Forest Hills, and for another team is: Well Bishop Guilfoyle is big, so I’m not sure if that’s enough for me to change my mind just yet. 
Who knows, maybe Cambria Heights will win the league this year. It’s tough to get a good read on a lot of teams. 
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

This year I think it's hard pick a precise top to bottom list, but I do think there are distinct "tiers" that teams will fall in which IMO will look like:

Top Tier- 
Forest Hills, Bishop Guilfoyle, Richland 

These teams have the highest potential and in the case of BG, will be respected until they do have a normal season. I think Richland is flying under a lot of radars in preseason but will end up being one of the better teams

Second Tier-
Johnstown, Westmont, Chestnut Ridge

Johnstown is a question mark but always seem to rebound when they lose good players. Westmont has had several above average years and don't take a big step back. CR is a storied program and should do well in their new league

Middle Tier-
Bishop McCort, Central Cambria, Somerset

These teams all have a lot to replace but should put a respectable fight each week. I think McCort is going to have a harder time replacing their offense than some think but their QB will keep them in games.

Bottom Tier-
Bedford, Cambria Heights, Penn Cambria

I think these teams have the least coming back but will still put up a fight each week. There are no teams this year where just showing up will be enough to get the win
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Ridge ahead of mccort???Id have do disagree on that one