Saltsburg forfeit

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Saltsburg forfeit

Post by CoffinCorner »

Didn't this same situation occur with Rockwood?   Started the season and then forfeited the second half.
Lionjacket
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Lionjacket »

CoffinCorner wrote:Didn't this same situation occur with Rockwood?   Started the season and then forfeited the second half.
It did. They were banned for 2 years, but they just never fielded a team again. Soccer and gold took over. 
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

Aiks, I really don’t know how that would affect the playoff points.
Last edited by tubmill on September 16th, 2018, 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Rockwood pulled the plug just prior to the 2013 season.  Imani Christian also pulled the plug in the WPIAL.  Several WestPAC teams played WPIAL teams that year.  Then Ferndale and Geibel started forfeiting games.  Many teams had off weeks as a result.
LoneRanger
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by LoneRanger »

Talked with my buddy and he said Saltburg is suiting up tonight for their Homecoming. He did not know how many kids they had but did say that Saltsburg rosters 19 kids on paper, and 1 of them has not played all year and probably won't due to a very bad leg injury this summer that required surgery. So in reality 18 kids if they are healthy.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

LoneRanger wrote:Talked with my buddy and he said Saltburg is suiting up tonight for their Homecoming.  He did not know how many kids they had but did say that Saltsburg rosters 19 kids on paper, and 1 of them has not played all year and probably won't due to a very bad leg injury this summer that required surgery.  So in reality 18 kids if they are healthy.
Well, as one of our illustrious posters has noted, a team only NEEDS 11.  =))
It ain't over until it's over.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

So how is Saltsburg’s health heading into week seven?

MapleTown forfeited its week two game to Clairton but has taken the field each week since.  They have been outscored 184-6 in those four games.
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by X3pointer »

Maybe Saltsburg made the right decision for their program and the conference.If they would have played inexperienced players and got them injured they could have had to forfeit the entire season. As it turned out they were able to gradually play their young players and ended up with a pretty good season.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

I see what your are saying. Point well made. But in life don't we face challenging problems that seem unbeatable, so if we teach kids that they can just skip the hard stuff, what are they really learning. Isn't facing challenges and taking them head on the point.
Also if other teams see this as a way out, why wouldn't teams just forget to solid teams like Portage or Forest Hills and just play the teams that they think they can beat. How is that fair to players on good teams that worked hard all summer, camp and season? Should Cecere or Tutino or Brady Fife not get a chance to play just because their team is better. They see a team forfeit to them, then get to go to the playoffs.
But as I said I understand the argument for the forfeit, no one got hurt and they were able to finish there season and probably get a playoff game. Good luck to Saltsburg. Hope they are able to rep the Heritage well.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

I really think Shade should forfeit the Appalachian Bowl, enjoy the week off, let some bumps and bruises heal and start preparing for the single A playoffs.