Who is

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Who is

Post by Aiks19 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Couple things, holy old Point Stadium.  And how was Somerset allowed to wear orange jerseys when McCort was at home wearing red lol
Good thing they had different Color pants. Lok
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Artrell had a solid career at Cincinnati but if I remember correctly he really boosted his stock at the NFL combine. He put up some impressive numbers and got himself drafted in round 2 I believe.
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Almost 20 years later, Jones still is 14th All Time in the state of PA - all classifications.  221 TD's , 7 District Titles, 7 first team all state nominations, 2 State Finals and a credit card away from 3, along with a 92 yard run for glory that stood as the longest in final history for 15 years.  I'd say the top 3 are hard to beat separated by 1 year.

1 Jesse Jones 6,902 (1997-2000)
2 Brice Mertiff 4,507 (2002-2004)
3 Marcus Owens 4,314 (1994-1996)
Last edited by TAHS92Alum on September 21st, 2018, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

If only closed minds came with closed mouths
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheAnalyst »

I'd have to second that TAHS. Those are very impressive numbers that would be hard to beat.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Lefteyelouie wrote:I played in that one.  Best game and atmosphere I had in HS football.  Stands were packed standing room only with endzone full of people..  That was the year after Benbow was gone we went undefeated in the regular season. Took one on the chin from FH in the playoffs.  
I stood in the scoreboard end zone and watched Bedford practice that play a dozen (it seemed) times in warmups.  Everyone knew it was coming, but still caught the Ranger D off guard.  Great game.
It ain't over until it's over.
PCmor
Freshman
Freshman

Post by PCmor »

One other thing about Benbow ... it was either the week before or week after the Westmont game, he rushed for 255 yards on 10 carries against Central Cambria, IIRC.

He was fast but he was big, too. There was another Benbow I think that played a couple of years earlier who was a lineman. Like maybe 260-pound kid.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

The other was Jim Benbow.  Was on Bedfords 11-0 team that finished 2nd in the state.  He went on to be a starting OT for IUP.  I'd guess he was 6'4" 270 range.  
Roofee
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Roofee »

Jimmy was a teammate/classmate of mine before he transferred to Bedford, great guy. I was at the Bedford BM game when Billy ran that kid down and saved a touchdown, I have never seen a faster high school kid personally it was like his feet weren't even touching the ground. They had hyped that game all week and it lived up to it, glad I attended.
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

Jim Benbow was the best offensive lineman I have ever played against including several who played in the NFL.