ICC Week 5

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

ICC Week 5

Post by ICCFan »

Bellwood at Mo Valley - The Black Knights just have not been able to turn it around this year.  They may be the most disappointing team per lack of improvement over last season, in the league this year.  Bellwood will just wear this team down and also shut down Jon Dale.  Bellwood 42 Mo Valley 6
Glendale at Claysburg - Claysburg has a Saturday night homecoming tradition that is big in Bricktown and there team is usually ready to play on homecoming.  Unless there is some "Jasper magic" that keeps them in the game early and raises the confidence level, The Vikings will get a bad Bulldog bite!  Claysburg 36 Glendale 12
Williamsburg at Tussey Mountain - Can you say 5-0?  That's what they will be screaming in Saxton by halftime Friday night.  TM 52 Williamsburg 0
Northern Bedford at Everett - This could be an interesting game.  Everett has the better record and are at home but NBC's two league losses were to undefeated's SH and TM and they had late drives in both games that cold have produced wins but stalled.  Panthers are better than record indicates.  NBC 28 Everett 14
West Branch at Mount Union- Derek Yingling has 775 yards rushing to lead the ICC and he may get his 1,000th against the struggling Trojans.   West Branch 35 Mount Union 8
GAME OF THE WEEK
Juniata Valley at Southern Huntingdon - Southern is off to a great start at 4-0 but has anyone noticed that the combined record of the opponents they've beaten is 1-15?!?  And they haven't exactly blown anybody away and held off a Northern Bedford last ditch drive that stalled inside the 10 at home in week 2.   Juniata Valley is 2-2 but definitely lost one they shouldn't have early.  It's time for SH to lose one they shouldn't.  I'm calling UPSET!  Juniata Valley behind Zinobile led offense racks up some big numbers and outpoints the Rockets.  Juniata Valley 36 Southern Huntingdon 34
Earl34
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: ICC Week 5

Post by Earl34 »

Like to point out Juniata Valley 2 wins are against winless Williamsburg and winless Mount Union. And MU carried the lead for 3 quarters.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

Bellwood, Claysburg , Tussey and West Branch in blowouts. Northern in a two touchdown game. Southern will wear  down JV. Close for a half but ultimately a two or three touchdown game.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

I should go back and check my record in predicting these games. I know I'm pretty awful.
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

Mo Valley is a disappointment and NBC is better than their record but didn't Mo Valley almost beat NBC?
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by ICCFan »

When you have 10 offensive starters and 8 defensive starters return from last year and are 0-4 yes that equals big disappointment.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

I'm sure they were expecting to be better ...BUT. When you return starters from a 2-8 season, why should we assume that they will automatically be better?
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by ICCFan »

I understand, valid opinion. I had them (just my opinion) middle of the pack 5-5 type team with that much coming back, a talented running back and respected young coach. I'll stick with my "disappointed" statement but they have six weeks to turn that around.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

To add to your last post. No Valley usually is when of the better programs in ICC. Maybe not always great but at least steady. I'm sure 2-12 over a year and a half is way below expectations.
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by SoftWalkinBigStick »

BA, CK, TM, NBC, WB, SHC. No surprises this week