Week scores..post them here

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Week scores..post them here

Post by El-Moldo »

In the days of Dallas Wharton, why did Ligonier want out of the Laurel Highlands in the first place?
LVBigfoot
Junior
Junior

Post by LVBigfoot »

Because Ligonier sucked in the days of Dallas Wharton. They couldn't win a game in the laurel highlands. They looked forward to playing Johnstown vo tech every year and an opportunity to maybe win. I think they were also AAA, or dang close for some of those years. It's a lot different now. The tradition from the northern end of the valley has made it's way south.
LVCoachFoust
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by LVCoachFoust »

Easy there LVBigfoot.  I played at Laurel Valley and know all about the tradition.  But we're ONE district.  Not northern end and southern end.  This run we're on is all about the kids.  They work so hard in the 'off season' it's unbelievable.  Spend hours in the weightroom every day and it shows.  We have great young men in our district and they put the work in to get better and be the best.  They deserve all the credit.
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by X3pointer »

Was Laural Valley and Ligonier seperate when they were in Laurel Highlands ?
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by X3pointer »

Yep came from a staff member, and I agree with the staffmember it cost LV a state championship . There is nothing wrong with saying your regular season competition wasn't competitive enough.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

You’re either good enough to win in the postseason or you’re not. The caliber of teams you play to get there is irrelevant
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

If only you applied that to CFB. Because there you have to be a power 5 conference team or you arent good enough  =)) =)) =))
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by X3pointer »

I disagree defending a 4.4 Forty WR takes experience or blocking a 270 pound DL who benches his weight is tough the first time you face him
Lionjacket
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Lionjacket »

knowitall wrote:You’re either good enough to win in the postseason or you’re not. The caliber of teams you play to get there is irrelevant
I have to respectfully disagree. The better competition you play, the better it makes you, especially when it comes to crunch time. Iron is forged in the fire, as they say. 
LVCoachFoust
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by LVCoachFoust »

I'm not sure that theory is true. I mean Southern Columbia has been to more State Championships and has won more than anyone. The last time I checked, their regular season games are not very competitive. Heck, the year we played them in 2016 their star players didn't play defense all year until our game in week 15. Fleming, Garcia and Thomas didn't play defense all year. But they were on the field against us and then in the state championship against Steel Valley.