Week scores..post them here

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Week scores..post them here

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Playing against 250lb lineman every week takes it toll. I would expect LV to be healthier come play-off time, than say Richland.
LVBigfoot
Junior
Junior

Post by LVBigfoot »

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful about any LV team unity, or how much they lift in the off season, or how dedicated they are or anything of the sort. I am proud of LV's recent success and support them. LV's coaches, like them or not, have done at great job at building up that program. I was simply answering someone's question as to why they wanted out of the laurel highlands back in the days of Dallas Wharton.
Lionjacket
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Lionjacket »

LVCoachFoust wrote:I'm not sure that theory is true.  I mean Southern Columbia has been to more State Championships and has won more than anyone.  The last time I checked, their regular season games are not very competitive.  Heck, the year we played them in 2016 their star players didn't play defense all year until our game in week 15.  Fleming, Garcia and Thomas didn't play defense all year.  But they were on the field against us and then in the state championship against Steel Valley.
The best example I can give is Portage. They played mostly terrible teams in the WestPAC, and when it comes D6 playoff time, they never seem to be able to come through. But if you look at LHAC teams, they play a tougher regular season, and are more prepared come playoff time. 
X3pointer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by X3pointer »

If for no other reason LV players don't get to play a full game during the regular season
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

I don’t think Clairton plays a tough regular season schedule.  They play other single A schools.  When teams like BC and Windber were making deep runs in the state playoffs I don’t think their schedules were anything special.  Ligonier has made deep runs which includes beating several LHAC teams in District playoffs.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

knowitall wrote:I don’t think Clairton plays a tough regular season schedule.  They play other single A schools.  When teams like BC and Windber were making deep runs in the state playoffs I don’t think their schedules were anything special.  Ligonier has made deep runs which includes beating several LHAC teams in District playoffs.
Clairton plays Jeannette, Imani Christian and has played Aliquippa each of the last couple years.

Just as a HS football fan I do wish LV had some open dates to play some tougher competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Lionjacket wrote:
LVCoachFoust wrote:I'm not sure that theory is true.  I mean Southern Columbia has been to more State Championships and has won more than anyone.  The last time I checked, their regular season games are not very competitive.  Heck, the year we played them in 2016 their star players didn't play defense all year until our game in week 15.  Fleming, Garcia and Thomas didn't play defense all year.  But they were on the field against us and then in the state championship against Steel Valley.
The best example I can give is Portage. They played mostly terrible teams in the WestPAC, and when it comes D6 playoff time, they never seem to be able to come through. But if you look at LHAC teams, they play a tougher regular season, and are more prepared come playoff time. 
I was talking about them the other day. They years they've been most successful were years that they had a great passing game to compliment their Wing-T. The years the Mustangs had their best teams, they ran into BM and BG when they made championship runs. 2014 especially. 
Berlin/Clairton round 1 - took Berlin some time to catch up with the speed of the game. Round 2 - they were ready. Even after playing the same schedule.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

DragonsDoExist wrote:
knowitall wrote:I don’t think Clairton plays a tough regular season schedule.  They play other single A schools.  When teams like BC and Windber were making deep runs in the state playoffs I don’t think their schedules were anything special.  Ligonier has made deep runs which includes beating several LHAC teams in District playoffs.
Clairton plays Jeannette, Imani Christian and has played Aliquippa each of the last couple years.

Just as a HS football fan I do wish LV had some open dates to play some tougher competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When they went on their runs Imani wasn't there and they didn't play Aliquippa. Usually Jeannette was their only game.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

BlueYonder wrote:
12HankQB wrote:
knowitall wrote:When it comes to possibly running up the score to pad stats I don’t know if we can let Shade off the hook
I don’t care what they do this year. They have been the whipping boy longer than everyone and I’m not sure how long that program will survive after this year. 
In other news, I’m glad to see Caldwell have such a great performance. I’d argue that he’s more important to that team than Tutino. He’s been accurate and smart with the football the last two years. I only wish he was taller
I'm glad to see Caldwell starting to get some notice.  He was under the radar, and he is not the athlete Smith is and he is not versatile like Daugherty, but he is a really, really good high school QB.  He's very accurate, makes good decisions, and keeps the play alive scrambling while looking down field.  That being said, he is in no way more important than Tutino. Tutino is a very special high school football player.  In last night's games, on a field that was barely playable on, he made play after play that was just spectacular.  For his career, he is closing in on 200 receptions.  And in a majority of those games (as discussed elsewhere on this thread) he is only playing a little more than a half. 
I understand how good Tutino is, but Caldwell is getting him and all the others the ball with perfection. Having Tutino is great, but Caldwell helps him to be the player he is. If Tutino played for Somerset, I'm not sure how they'd get him the ball.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

The old argument, does a tough schedule better prepare you for a post season run? A rough schedule could get you “battle tested”. It could on the other hand get you banged up for a post season run. A soft schedule could just mask your short comings and inflate win total. It could also keep you fresh for a post season run. At the end of the day , if your good enough, your good enough.