Playoff Rankings - Week 6

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Playoff Rankings - Week 6

Post by Aiks19 »

Yes but it’s a hollow victory when you have one other team in your district. That one other team declines to go and you are given a championship...Yes I’m talking about Hollidaysburg a few years back.
FunFacts
Junior
Junior

Post by FunFacts »

Totally agree about Hollidaysburg.  When there is 3 or less teams in your district that’s a little different.  I should have specified.  But when you have 8 teams and talk about combining with another 6 team district or such I don’t think that is necessary.  
Birda
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Birda »

They should just move to centrally-aligned regions for football. But the PIAA can't really do anything because they're held hostage by the 'almighty" WPIAL.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

The Wpial ?   What about District 5, I don't see them being willing to combine  with D6.   Or even allow teams like CV or Portage to become part even though, they play almost all D5 schools.   It just means too much to hang that D5 championship banner in the gym.
footballguy99
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by footballguy99 »

District 5A would love to have Claysburg, Portage, CV, Blacklick.  D6 won't allow it. 
I think an AA team that is almost AAA and plays a bunch of A schools and dominates them should look to move to a conference like that LHAC or Mountain. What do you think Enzo?  You wouldn't want to just keep getting 9-10 win seasons against the tiny little A schools would you?  
SteelTownSpud
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SteelTownSpud »

Aiks19 wrote:I’d still put them as the A favorite. I know what happened last year. If Vegas had HS lines , They’d be the favorite against any A team in the District.
That is probably true but I don't think it would be a big surprise if they would lose even before the district final. They aren't that much better and can certainly be beat in my opinion. I think there are several teams in A that have more talent. Northern Cambria and  Juniata Valley come to mind if they stay healthy. May be another one I am forgetting..... 
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:The Wpial ?   What about District 5, I don't see them being willing to combine  with D6.   Or even allow teams like CV or Portage to become part even though, they play almost all D5 schools.   It just means too much to hang that D5 championship banner in the gym.
Yea that’s it bud. Why would D5 A join an already oversized D6 A. You’d have 16 make playoffs. Also there’a more to it than football. There’s many more schools that have other sports in D5. Plus why’s it matter? 
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

footballguy99 wrote:District 5A would love to have Claysburg, Portage, CV, Blacklick.  D6 won't allow it. 
I think an AA team that is almost AAA and plays a bunch of A schools and dominates them should look to move to a conference like that LHAC or Mountain. What do you think Enzo?  You wouldn't want to just keep getting 9-10 win seasons against the tiny little A schools would you?  
LV didn't make the 6 classification system, the PIAA did.  Sure they benefitted but you think that driving to Altoona or beyond makes sense because of what?   Which other school does that?
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

12HankQB wrote:
EnzoLigoniere wrote:The Wpial ?   What about District 5, I don't see them being willing to combine  with D6.   Or even allow teams like CV or Portage to become part even though, they play almost all D5 schools.   It just means too much to hang that D5 championship banner in the gym.
Yea that’s it bud. Why would D5 A join an already oversized D6 A. You’d have 16 make playoffs. Also there’a more to it than football. There’s many more schools that have other sports in D5. Plus why’s it matter? 
Because the current system is not just a Wpial problem as someone else pointed out , little fish don't want it give up their banners.   Redistribute 5 and 6 with an equal amount of teams in each. 
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:
12HankQB wrote:
Because the current system is not just a Wpial problem as someone else pointed out , little fish don't want it give up their banners.   Redistribute 5 and 6 with an equal amount of teams in each. 
The problem is PIAA let’s the districts run the show. Should be the other way around. I don’t think it’s absurd to suggest that the 20 some A teams in 5 and 6 being split evenly. Or the 3 AA d5 teams to be thrown into D6.