I have a bone to pick with Roger Beitel!

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: I have a bone to pick with Roger Beitel!

Post by tubmill »

Thanks konjo. I appreciate your support. The fact is, that I had a hard time with the consolidation, as you know. However, that took place eight years ago. The new LV Rams are my team and I am proud to support them. I just hate how Enzo makes himself and the LVSD look so bad! By the way, I always enjoy your posts!
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

There we go, former school board member handling himself,  so why would you post on a football forum with high school kids to Grand parents posting to complain about a coaching decision and then ask one of the assistants to defend how they decide playing time.   Why wouldnt you go to Roger or the school board.   Is that how adults handle business?  Post on social media.  Why wouldn't you reach out to Foust privately since he is your boy.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

tubmill wrote:Thanks Coach Foust. As I said, I respect you immensely. The Foust boys will always go down in Laurel Valley history as some of the best that played the sport! You were men of character and you exlempified what Ram football was about! To tell you the truth, I wish that you were head coach. I appreciate that Roger is trying to schedule more JV games. I commend him for that. Here in lies the problem. The Heritage Conference schools have a difficult time to offer a full JV schedule. If they cancel, it is usually be games schedule with the Rams. Heck, we have had varsity games canceled with LV. This problem is only going to get worse. Maybe it’s time for the Heritage Conference to require teams that suspect they will cancel their games, to declare that before the beginning of the season. If that is the case, other teams should be free to schedule another opponent. I love the Heritage. It has been a good fit for both parties, Ligonier and the conference. I believe that is where they belong. However, maybe it’s time for the Rams to look for a different conference, where the schools are able to provide a full schedule, both JV and Varsity. I was at the school board meeting, when the Ligonier parents were there to ask that the Mounties to move to the Heritage from the LHAC. Their concern was that they never won and were tired of being the whipping boy of the Laurel Highlands. I remember thinking.....what is this teaching these kids. Coach, I agree that Marion Center should be called out for keeping their starters in for the whole game! That will eventually bite them in the a**. I feel that it is very important that youngsters get some varsity reps, even if it is on a kickoff or a return team. I can understand MC keeping their starters in through the third quarter. They evidently need the reps, not to mention building some confidence. However, the fact that the starters played until the end is despicable! Their coaching staff should be called out for that! I remember a Laurel Valley playoff game at Bellwood Antis. The venerable Coach John Hayes’ Blue Devils had the game well in hand. He continued to keep his starters in until the last series. I thought, “Why do you feel the need to humiliate high school kids?” Coach, I will accept your explanation. However, I have a question for you. How many kids didn’t play Friday night and what is Coach Beitel’s and the rest of the coaching staff’s criteria for granting a kid playing time when your team has a huge lead? Also, how many kids didn’t play Friday night? Thanks and Go Rams!
How long ago was Hayes keeping starters in. My son was a senior last year. He was constantly pulled in the third after the game was well in hand.
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

Aiks, most of the starters were kept in until the final series, on which BA scored. I was surprised, because this was a Hayes coached team and Coach Page and Coach Page are great friends. Jerry never mentioned it. He never said a derogatory thing about an opposing team or it’s coaches. He did nothing but praise them. I have nothing but praise for Coach Hayes and the BA program. Could I be wrong? Hell yes! I’m just telling you what myself and others thought we saw that night. Hopefully LV and BA meet in the playoffs this year! It would be a good game.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

tubmill wrote:Aiks, most of the starters were kept in until the final series, on which BA scored. I was surprised, because this was a Hayes coached team and Coach Page and Coach Page are great friends. Jerry never mentioned it. He never said a derogatory thing about an opposing team or it’s coaches. He did nothing but praise them. I have nothing but praise for Coach Hayes and the BA program. Could I be wrong? Hell yes! I’m just telling you what myself and others thought we saw that night. Hopefully LV and BA meet in the playoffs this year! It would be a good game.
I’m doubting you. I’m just saying I didn’t see it in the 3 years my son played. I would disagree with you on one thing...It wouldn’t be close.....LV and BA. Hate to say it but it’s true.
dougkeklak
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dougkeklak »

I could think of a laundry list of things to have a bone to pick with Beitel about that would come BEFORE something like this, sorry this is a reach at best.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

Aiks19 wrote:
tubmill wrote:Aiks, most of the starters were kept in until the final series, on which BA scored. I was surprised, because this was a Hayes coached team and Coach Page and Coach Page are great friends. Jerry never mentioned it. He never said a derogatory thing about an opposing team or it’s coaches. He did nothing but praise them. I have nothing but praise for Coach Hayes and the BA program. Could I be wrong? Hell yes! I’m just telling you what myself and others thought we saw that night. Hopefully LV and BA meet in the playoffs this year! It would be a good game.
I’m doubting you. I’m just saying I didn’t see it in the 3 years my son played. I would disagree with you on one thing...It wouldn’t be close.....LV and BA. Hate to say it but it’s true.
I’m NOT doubting you! ....for the lack of theee little letters . Sorry
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

Ah hah! You have admitted that you are a high school kid. That explains why your posts are so juvenile and outrageous. Do you think that only high school kids are members of this forum? You are sorely wrong! Think about the title of this forum, young man. Bleachercoaches are those that sit on the sidelines and make observations. Then they give their opinion on this social media outlet. There are coaches, parents, and grandparents that post on here. School board members are regular people. They have interests ,just like everyone else. I enjoy posting on Bleachercoaches and will continue to do so. At this point, I don’t feel the need to approach Roger Beitel or the school board. I have dealt with Roger in the past. You reflect his arrogance. If I believe it to be necessary to contact Beitel or the board, I certainly will. He doesn’t post here or he would have responded to my post. I asked Coach Foust about the situation, because I consider him an honorable and good man. I knew that he would give me an honest answer. He did just that.Young man, I suggest that you hit the books and spend less time on social media. You should think about taking a remedial English class. Your posts are very hard to follow. I’m done. I’m not going to argue with a snotty nose kid.
Go Rams!
Last edited by tubmill on October 7th, 2018, 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

:ymapplause:  :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

Doug, why do you feel that this a reach? I merely wanted to know what the criteria is for playing time, when a team has a large lead. I feel that this is a legitimate question. I’m sure that Coach Foust will let me know what those criteria are. I get sick of the “running up the score posts”. The question, that I asked, certainly relates to that subject.