Finish this statement

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Finish this statement

Post by 12HankQB »

I love the halfback pass, but people don't sell it hard enough most times.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheAnalyst »

I don't remember any 'official' name for Bedford's 2 pt conversion. When I played, we always went for 2 and always ran that play, but teams still struggled to stop it. The defense had to have everything covered, as on the play you could have a fullback dive, qb could keep, qb could option, and the running back had the option to run or pass. They still use it today from time to time.

If the coach called for 2, we just knew what to run. Maybe some of the other Bedford people on here know of a name for it.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

TheAnalyst wrote:I don't remember any 'official' name for Bedford's 2 pt conversion.  When I played, we always went for 2 and always ran that play, but teams still struggled to stop it.  The defense had to have everything covered, as on the play you could have a fullback dive, qb could keep, qb could option, and the running back had the option to run or pass.  They still use it today from time to time.

If the coach called for 2, we just knew what to run.  Maybe some of the other Bedford people on here know of a name for it.
Quadruple Option?
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

Max now runs it at Ridge for the two point play. QB also has the option for a quick pass to the tight end as well