Finish this statement

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Finish this statement

Post by youngbuck »

When it comes to gadget plays or trick plays one that always sticks out in my mind is ________________________.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Finish this statement

Post by youngbuck »

I always wonder if anyone has ever successfully run the apple pie or rose petal kick return, I have seen it running games and have been on teams that have run it but can't say that I ever saw this be a successful return
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

A Varsity Blues reference give us the hook n ladder. I can recall Berlin executing this perfectly 3 times, once to D'Carrion, one to Fochtman, and last year one to Hersch. It's really a work of art when it happens.

Go to 7 seconds for HnL
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

12HankQB wrote:A Varsity Blues reference give us the hook n ladder. I can recall Berlin executing this perfectly 3 times, once to D'Carrion, one to Fochtman, and last year one to Hersch. It's really a work of art when it happens.

Go to 7 seconds for HnL
Jared Peles, mentioned in the fullback thread, was part of the hook and ladder many times. PM ran it often in the Dan Ferrens era, and still uses it.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Blueandwhitefan wrote:
12HankQB wrote:A Varsity Blues reference give us the hook n ladder. I can recall Berlin executing this perfectly 3 times, once to D'Carrion, one to Fochtman, and last year one to Hersch. It's really a work of art when it happens.

Go to 7 seconds for HnL
Jared Peles, mentioned in the fullback thread, was part of the hook and ladder many times. PM ran it often in the Dan Ferrens era, and still uses it.
It's beautiful.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Hook and ladder is a constant, like BlueAndWhiteFan said.

We practiced a lot of gadget plays that year after the first boise state fiesta bowl win.

I always wonder if that play would of became a staple of penns manor football if it didnt work so well that first year with Vince Gray and Jerad Peles. I believed it was used twice that year, both for TDs
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Too many coaches try a reverse as the big play. There's a lot of little trick plays that work better because they're not complicated. We scored two touchdowns my senior year where we ran an option and the left handed running back would thrown deep after receiving the pitch.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

I think BC was the first to rugby punt locally. Brock Lauer was tough to stop, and could punt well on the run
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

The backwards bounce pass to the x, where everyone throws their hands up in disgust except the streaking z on the other side.
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

I don’t know what it was officially called but we called it the Bedford pass in reference to a QB option pitch and pass that Bedford ran in a game for a two point conversion.