Field Conditions

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Field Conditions

Post by Manfred »

Last time I checked, and I've personally seen Westy twice already this year, they do have the horses on the line to move people out of the way and continue to run between the double tight ends. It's the 'One Trick' that they do very well. Boring as XXXX but effective.
It ain't over until it's over.
Sneakers2
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Sneakers2 »

Although this year conditions are pushing it to its limits, I would like to think you guys in the Heritage, LHAC etc...would rank Panther Community Stadium, (Northern Bedford) pretty high as well. We are obviously glued to our own leagues and don't get the opportunity to see some of the other nice fields around.
wagonrider242
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: RE: Re: Field Conditions

Post by wagonrider242 »

Manfred wrote:Last time I checked, and I've personally seen Westy twice already this year, they do have the horses on the line to move people out of the way and continue to run between the double tight ends. It's the 'One Trick' that they do very well. Boring as XXXX but effective.
Give westmonts system credit. It allows them to pack it in... If they are at home they can post and clean the defenses best lineman. That offense allows for all the holds and cheap blocks they want. Watch the film!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
223113 wrote:

A team that only runs up the middle.
Does a team like that even exist nowadays?
Let's say one does.
They're either blessed with 5 stud linemen, all 6'2", 275#, and it doesn't matter what field they play on.
Or,...they've got your average 5'9", 165# linemen, and they spend Thursdays praying for rain on Fridays.
I wasn't saying the one trick pony is a team that Only runs up the middle.
I was saying, if a team only relies on speed in it's skill players, zigging, zagging, outrunning defenders, with poor ability to run between the Tackles, because good blocking technique isn't emphasized (coz it's not seen as important w/ those gifted skill players),...then they could be made to look like a 1 trick pony, on a muddy, slippery field.
Only up the middle? No. But Westmont is probably between the tackles 95% of the time. 
Then, I would think that's pretty much a 1 trick pony. But, as Manfred said on a post subsequent to yours, having the big uglies up front, that are studs, makes it okay to be a 1 trick pony.
You can walk up to the line, and say, "We're running the ball right here (point to the hole), and there's very little you can do about it."
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Northern Bedford’s stadium is nicer than most LHAC fields. 
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

Sneakers2 wrote:Although this year conditions are pushing it to its limits, I would like to think you guys in the Heritage, LHAC etc...would rank Panther Community Stadium, (Northern Bedford) pretty high as well. We are obviously glued to our own leagues and don't get the opportunity to see some of the other nice fields around.
Bellwood and Northern Bedford have , by far two of the nicest fields in the ICC. In fact, take out Mansion and Hollidaysburg. The two have two of the best around.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Northern Bedford’s stadium is nicer than most LHAC fields. 
Northern Bedford has a benefactor that many schools do not, one who made a fortune in the early days of the internet and software booms.
It ain't over until it's over.