A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Konjo's top 10 CFB rankings

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

DragonsDoExist wrote:
konjo78 wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:App State should’ve scheduled an AAC team instead of PSU so they could also be undefeated and Top 10 worthy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Worked really well for pitt right?
App St > Pitt

Georgia Southern > Pitt, App State, Penn State
I've always been a believer in transitive property football.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Penn State didn't lose to App State though.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Yea, but they only beat App State by a touchdown and Georgia Southern beat App State by 20.

So I think the conversion rate is Georgia Southern over PSU by two touchdowns, and Georgia Southern over Pitt by like 8 touchdowns. Something like that. 

(I'm only joking)
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Yea, but they only beat App State by a touchdown and Georgia Southern beat App State by 20.

So I think the conversion rate is Georgia Southern over PSU by two touchdowns, and Georgia Southern over Pitt by like 8 touchdowns. Something like that. 

(I'm only joking)
I’m with ya! [emoji23]

You play to win the game!!!
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Speaking of Pitt, is Saturday the biggest game of the Narduzzi era to this point?  Even with a bad, bad loss to UNC, they have managed to hang around the Coastal division race. A win Saturday sets up a game next Friday night against coastal leading UVA.  With the lack of fire power I’ve seen from the coastal, I think Pitt has as good of chance of anyone win this thing. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I think the 2015 UNC game was a really big one for him, even if he was in his first year. Pitt entered the game 6-1 (4-0 in ACC), if Pitt won that they would've won the Coatal and finished with a 9-3 regular season record. Pitt lost 26-19, but got down 20-3 and dug too big of a hole for a real comeback. It was early in his tenure, but winning the Coastal in year one would've been a nice feather in his cap.

The ACC Coastal is...I don't even know what it is. But I don't expect Pitt to win it, but yea they are still right in the mix somehow. Narduzzi is 3-0 against Duke, so maybe they keep it going for another week.  I only see Pitt winning 2 more games really, 3 if they are lucky. 
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

The ACC coastal is very bad (for lack of another term).  Pitt actually controls its own destiny to win the coastal and get in the conference championship game.  I think that is very unlikely - but at this point in the season, they are very fortunate to be in that position.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Miami at Boston College is a relevant game tonight for everyone in the Coastal. If I had to guess right now, I'm thinking that UVA at Va Tech game last week of the year is the Coastal championship.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

While I typically don't agree with Konjo and his praise of UCF, I do think it's crap that Ohio State barely beats PSU, gets blown out by Purdue and falls to 11, only to have a bye week and jump UCF right back to the 8 spot. Crazy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

Yup, they'll keep inching back up. And, if they beat Michigan, poof!, #4 and back in the Playoff picture, regardless of what other teams do.