Forest Hills vs Westmont

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Forest Hills vs Westmont

Post by youngbuck »

Two different styles.  Big game.  Add to it that Cecere got knocked out of the game last year . 
Who picks up the win?
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Forest Hills vs Westmont

Post by 12HankQB »

Westmont explodes for one of their most exciting games of the year, amassing nearly 50 yards through the air.....I have Westy in a boring low scoring game.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

As simple as it sounds, whoever gets ahead early will win.  When you play Westmont, the most crucial part of the game is in the first 2-3 drives. 
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

28-14 Westmont
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:As simple as it sounds, whoever gets ahead early will win.  When you play Westmont, the most crucial part of the game is in the first 2-3 drives. 
I disagree, and the Bedford game shows this.  Westmont needs low scoring game or to be ahead on the score board.  This offense was not built to score fast.  If they get behind , especially more than one score, they have problems.
But a team like FH that can drop a 60 yd bomb, it does not matter if they get down a score or two if they can make some stops.  Cecere to Wolfhope or Shope, could happen at any time and with teams cheating safeties to stop Cecere from running the ball,  he is getting one on one looks without a safety over the top.  I think a bigger problem for FH would be sustained drives eating up clock, the line is still the weak link.  
Where Richland and CR were successful is not the strong suit for Westmont.  And Westmont had no answer for the passing game of Richland, I think Cecere sprays it all over and the Rangers win. 
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Voting on the forecast topic shows 4-1 in favor of the Rangers.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

True, not every game follows that exact script.  But they played seven other games. 

I agree Westmont probably isn't built for high-scoring games, but this game happened. So it's not unprecedented... 

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/football- ... &schoolid=
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Richland and CR are aso big upfront and could stifle Westmont's offense. I don't know that Forest Hills will have an answer in the trenches. Cecere can't beat you if he's not on the field. 
Also, will he play middle backer this game? I wouldn't want my QB making plays between the tackles all game on defense that's for sure. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

He's the best athlete in this game so yes he'll be playing D. I don't like my Qb playing D either, but he's not about to stop. He reads an offensive set as well as anybody and plays all over the field.
It ain't over until it's over.