Scores Week 9

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Scores Week 9

Post by Manfred »

lhacbigfan wrote:
Manfred wrote:OK, I found Jersey shore was updated a half hr. ago with 1 min. left and JS up 23-18.
BEA won 24-23
Thanks, I saw that.  Talk about letting one get away with only 1 minute left.  The poster was probably so pi$$ed he didn't want to post a final.
It ain't over until it's over.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Colonel Mustard wrote:
Manfred wrote:Boy, I for one would like to play week 1 over again.  Not saying the result would be any different, but I'd bet it would be way closer.
How about week 2?
FH played CR in week 1.  Bedford week 2.  Richland week 3. etc.  I spoke of week 1.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Colonel Mustard wrote:
Manfred wrote:Boy, I for one would like to play week 1 over again.  Not saying the result would be any different, but I'd bet it would be way closer.
How about week 2?
dbl. post error.
DFFSBA
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by DFFSBA »

Manfred wrote:
Colonel Mustard wrote:
How about week 2?
FH played CR in week 1.  Bedford week 2.  Richland week 3. etc.  I spoke of week 1.
Yeah, pretty sure that if Ridge committed 6 turnovers against FH, the result would have been different.  Probably against all the opponents they beat this year if they had played like they did last night.
Last night was an exception to how this Ridge team has played all year.  Ridge is a very talented team.  They gave that game to BG, pure and simple.  BG couldn't move them ball on them, until late in the 4th quarter.  The first 4 turnovers were inside of 14 minutes of the start of the game.  And to be honest, you can only credit BG with creating the 1st turnover.  On CR's first possession, they put pressure on Pfister up the middle and forced him into a bad throw, which was intercepted.  Ridge defense held, and forced a quick punt, which was then fumbled inside the 15.  I can tell you that Ridge was moving the ball up and down the field all night, only to find ways to turn it over once reaching BG territory.  The 3rd turnover was also inside their own 20, which led to a 25 yard field goal. 
BG is not a good team.  Not saying that to bad mouth them, but they just aren't.  Their kicker/punter is probably their best player.  I have never seen a game where one team just handed the game to another team like this one.  Ridge played awful, plain and simple, and deserved to lose this game.
Now, about FH - they are a good team.  And the got beat by a better team in Week 1.  And by Week 9, Ridge is still the better the team.  But if Ridge had played FH last night, there's no doubt in mind FH would have won.  These things happen.
BTW - where's OpinionGuy been?  He's always loved to bash the Ridge program over the years.  I'm thinking last nights flop might bring him back out.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Saw BG against FH, they are not a great team this year.  Nice size on the line, but they don't have the skilled position studs that they have had in the recent past.  
Manfred, curious what part of FH game has improved over the course of the year?  
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

Unless forest hills line improved A LOT, it wouldn’t be much different 
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

We'll find out today, how much the FH line has improved. Westy (5-3) handled BG 30-0. FH beat BG 30-10. More important than how much the O-line has improved, in my opinion, is how will the FH D-line fare against the WH O-line.
If Westy has 12-15 play, 8 minute drives that end with TD's,...it could be a long day for FH.
Turnovers may tell the tale today.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

youngbuck wrote:Saw BG against FH, they are not a great team this year.  Nice size on the line, but they don't have the skilled position studs that they have had in the recent past.  
I wasn't impressed with their line either, but for single A they will be a very tough out. Their line has the size but not the athleticism as their previously linemen 
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

Per Twitter:
End 1, 12-0 FH
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

Early in 2nd
12-7 FH