Can Ligonier play with Richland?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Can Ligonier play with Richland?

Post by DCor50 »

LV starts one sr, 3 jr’s and one freshman on the o line.  Then 2 other juniors rotate in.  On Defense they start one senior and 3 juniors on the line.  With 3 other juniors rotating.  They will be even more dominating up front next year.  It’ll be unbelievable.
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

Can LV play with schools like Dunmore, S Columbia? Teams with better athletes?

No
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

Haha....good one PaSportsGuy.  That’s what everyone said the last 2 years.  LV beat Dunmore 39-19 and lost to SoCo 31-27 in 2016.  Then lost to Dunmore 23-20 in 2017.  LV was up 14-0 when Daugherty and Tutino both got injured early in the 2nd quarter and never returned.  If they don’t get hurt, LV would have mercied Dunmore.  So keep on hatin’ you troll.  BTW, you name one AA team in the state that can match up with SoCo?
LVCoachFoust
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by LVCoachFoust »

Just read the Tribdem article on Richland game.  I wonder if all the experts on here are going to rip Bailey for throwing 50 yard TD passes to Burke with a running clock up 42-0 in the 4th.  Or how about putting senior lineman in to score TD's when up 55-7......I bet all the LHAC lovers will sit quietly and not mention it.   Crickets.....crickets
TITO10
Freshman
Freshman

Post by TITO10 »

LVCOACHFOUST are you trying to make all Liggy fans feel ok about how they run the score up or are you truly trying to show some sportsmanship here? We all know how much sleep you guys lose if you can't get a kid his 1,000 yards or a record even if you are up by 40.
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

PaSportsGuy wrote:Can LV play with schools like Dunmore, S Columbia? Teams with better athletes?

No
I really am confused by this post unless PaSportsGuy is just plain uninformed.  I don't know what the point is.  First of all, Dunmore and Southern Columbia are two of the premier programs in PA.  In fact, their coaches have the first and second most wins at a single high school in PIAA history.  So, they have several times beaten teams even when they did not have the better athletes.

With respect to Dunmore, LV beat them in 2016 and then almost beat them in 2017.  In 2017, several of LVs top players were out and LV almost won.  Also - the Dunmore teams the past two years are much better than the Dunmore team this year.  They already have 3 losses this year.  So to answer your question, I would say LV can beat Dunmore this year - but I don't think Dunmore has better athletes.

With respect to SCA, this is the best program in the state regardless of class, regardless of public or private.  They have been to 16 state championship games in 32 years.  And this team is their best team ever.  They would probably win the 6A state title - or come very close.  So - no LV probably could not beat SCA this year.

And this is a thread  comparing LV and Richland.  Richland would be a heavy underdog against SCA as well.  Just like anybody else we talk about on this board.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Can Ligonier play with Richland?

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Yeah not having the athletes Southern Columbia has is not a knock on anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
blue71cuda
Freshman
Freshman

Post by blue71cuda »

I applaud enzos reply. He sounds like a politician. He made a good point. How would they do in AAA or AAAA. Richland has played teams that are double and triple A and are undefeated. LV has only played1 team that isn't single A. That's Marion Center. Enzo is right, this would be a heck of a game. The problem is that game is farther down the road. As far as respect to the coach's, I believe these 2 met a couple years ago and LV didn't fair too well. I keep hearing LV fans saying they're not getting any respect. If you want respect get out of a single A conference and play in one that has some of the big dogs in it. If you keep winning in your conference it's time to move up.
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Maybe watch some game film or something Foust and leave this to all the nowitalls. I am shocked that Roger doesnt tell you to stay off the message boards. Your team is good enough that it doesn't need you on here defending it.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

BlueYonder wrote:
PaSportsGuy wrote:Can LV play with schools like Dunmore, S Columbia? Teams with better athletes?

No
I really am confused by this post unless PaSportsGuy is just plain uninformed.  I don't know what the point is.  First of all, Dunmore and Southern Columbia are two of the premier programs in PA.  In fact, their coaches have the first and second most wins at a single high school in PIAA history.  So, they have several times beaten teams even when they did not have the better athletes.

With respect to Dunmore, LV beat them in 2016 and then almost beat them in 2017.  In 2017, several of LVs top players were out and LV almost won.  Also - the Dunmore teams the past two years are much better than the Dunmore team this year.  They already have 3 losses this year.  So to answer your question, I would say LV can beat Dunmore this year - but I don't think Dunmore has better athletes.

With respect to SCA, this is the best program in the state regardless of class, regardless of public or private.  They have been to 16 state championship games in 32 years.  And this team is their best team ever.  They would probably win the 6A state title - or come very close.  So - no LV probably could not beat SCA this year.

And this is a thread  comparing LV and Richland.  Richland would be a heavy underdog against SCA as well.  Just like anybody else we talk about on this board.
SCA wouldn’t come close to winning 4a or 5a let alone 6a.