Trojan Stadium

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Trojan Stadium

Post by youngbuck »

Manfred wrote:Next year there will be another turf field to add to playoff venue options:  G.H. Miller field, a.k.a. Don Bailey Memorial Stadium in Sidman.  BTW, Congrats Don on your retirement.
Hardly a surprise to anyone.  What does he have to come back to?  Leaving the cupboard pretty bare.  Delic and Richardson as skilled and Russell and Vitko on the line.  Crawley really didn't get much playing time, but could surprise.   FH looking at some down years.    Now the question is Meyers or Petrunak as next coach?
dougkeklak
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dougkeklak »

If a large crowd is expected the lot by the stadium is useless unless you get there hours early!  I normally park behind the auditorium like CG said, as if you were going to a basketball game.  Masonic Temple lot might be available too.  I've often said it's a good and bad thing there isn't a pub like the old Jerry's Lounge/Point Pub or By George Inn across from Trojan Stadium!!!!
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Hey, if you're cold, stand around in Henderson's Funeral Home for awhile before the game. Then sign the book and head across the street.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

El-Moldo wrote:Hey, if you're cold, stand around in Henderson's Funeral Home for awhile before the game. Then sign the book and head across the street.
They said people were dying to get in there
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

youngbuck wrote:
Manfred wrote:Next year there will be another turf field to add to playoff venue options:  G.H. Miller field, a.k.a. Don Bailey Memorial Stadium in Sidman.  BTW, Congrats Don on your retirement.
Hardly a surprise to anyone.  What does he have to come back to?  Leaving the cupboard pretty bare.  Delic and Richardson as skilled and Russell and Vitko on the line.  Crawley really didn't get much playing time, but could surprise.   FH looking at some down years.    Now the question is Meyers or Petrunak as next coach?
Crawley didn't get much PT because he QUIT.  Quitters don't last in the Ranger system no matter how good you might be or think you might be.  If he stays @ FH, and gets over his cranial-rectal inversion, he can be a fantastic talent.  Petrunak, nah.  Don't think he really wants it.  Poldiak?  As good a shot as Myers (one e).  DON brought him in for a reason, and his kid is next year's 8th gr. QB.  Better size than #16, just as good an arm.  For a 7th grader.
It ain't over until it's over.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Back to original topic, is anyone there giving updates? Any radio stations having coverage? Thought I'd go but something came up.
It ain't over until it's over.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

Manfred wrote:Back to original topic, is anyone there giving updates? Any radio stations having coverage? Thought I'd go but something came up.
WTRN in Tyrone is broadcasting it. They have an app that be downloaded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

I am still shocked this game wasn't played at Latrobe. Ligonier practiced there for 2 weeks and its basically home for them.