Trojan Stadium

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Trojan Stadium

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

How is parking ?  Heard that there is alot of road work for sewer lines?
Anywhere to eat within walking distance of the field on Saturday?  Was told to go to Murphy's for wings?
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Trojan Stadium

Post by deepcreek »

Murphy's, Haven, Boulevard are all good places in my opinion.   Too far to walk though.   Not aware of anything right by the field
SportsFan04
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by SportsFan04 »

Two separate parking lots.  The smaller lot is out front of the stadium.  The larger school lot is on the other side of the school.  The construction will make getting out of the lots tedious.  Murphy’s is good food.  Definitely try the breaded wings (only place I buy non sauced wings).  Not walking distance though a short drive on the other side by the hospital.  Can’t think of anything walking distance except Surf and Turf.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

I feel for the Ligonier businesses that are being robbed by having this game played in Johnstown, about 20 miles away.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

There’s a decent sized lot right outside of the stadium in front of the school. There’s a second lot behind the big auditorium where you would park for a basketball game. People park at the Blind Association as well, which is across the street. Not sure if the lot behind Henderson Funeral Home allows people to park there or not. 

The Haven, Murphy’s and Boulevard Grill are fairly close. Franklin Street Bar and Grill isn’t too far away either.  Nothing is really within walking distance except for Surf n Turf, which is probably a little pricier than bar food. 
Lionjacket
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Lionjacket »

I might have missed this, but why is the game being played in Johnstown?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

deepcreek wrote:Murphy's, Haven, Boulevard are all good places in my opinion.   Too far to walk though.   Not aware of anything right by the field
Surf n Turf, about 1/8 mi. past the Masonic Temple.  Parking could be worse.  I usually get there early enough to use a very small parking lot in front of the old Sheesley's just across the bridge from the stadium and a few minutes' walk away.  Easier in/ out.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Lionjacket wrote:I might have missed this, but why is the game being played in Johnstown?
Ligonier’s field doesn’t take water well. Field isn’t usable. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Next year there will be another turf field to add to playoff venue options: G.H. Miller field, a.k.a. Don Bailey Memorial Stadium in Sidman. BTW, Congrats Don on your retirement.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

That would be 6/12 in the LHAC with turf.

Westmont
Bedford
Chestnut Ridge
Penn Cambria
Central Cambria
Cambria Heights  

Those 6 are holding out with natural surfaces. Of those six some need turf more than others.