Conemaugh Township, Forest Hills, Johnstown

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Conemaugh Township, Forest Hills, Johnstown

Post by knowitall »

Uh huh. It wasn’t a very good year for the WestPAC. I don’t know how many seniors CT had this year. CV graduates 10 from a team of 21. I don’t think the future is very bright for Ferndale, Blacklick or Shade. North Star might be the worst team in the state.
dougkeklak
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dougkeklak »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I think if you go to Johnstown Christian, you play for Shade in most sports. I think they have a co-op with them.
Yes, good friend of mine sends his kids to JC... their co-op is indeed with Shade.  For football that is, I believe they have soccer and basketball programs.  They don't get a lot of pub because I don't believe they play within the PIAA.
dougkeklak
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dougkeklak »

youngbuck wrote:Penna cooked his own goose with some shenanigans that went on behind the scenes.   His decision to honor the ousted former school board president with helmet decals was the final straw.   Carlton will be named head coach.
Rich Price knew that Penna was out and left a year early to take the Blacklick job.
How would Rich Price know Penna was out last year when that honoring thing happened week one?  Can he see in the future??
dougkeklak
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dougkeklak »

cleaverstuart wrote:
CoffinCorner wrote:Add Ferndale to this list, funny that no one mentioned that their head coach was suspended by school for comments made to players.   Any chance Penna heads to Ferndale?

Isn't Brian Basile at BM former FH player,? Any chance he throws in for head coach job in Sidman?   Justin Meyers seems like obvious choice given his experience as head coach previously.  

Westpac guys, is the CT job a good one?  Will Jerry Davitch come out of retirement?
Township can't be that bad historically, given how long Sam had the job, but have no idea the level of support/interference that a coach might get from the current school board, and is key factor in any head coaching job.  As far as coach Davitch is this something a 78 y/o would want to do and as a board would't you wonder how long a coach of that age would stay.
I doubt very highly JD is ever coaching again.  The year at McCort was not that great.  I'm not saying he couldn't add value in a supporting role as an assistant but the day-to-day rigors of being a head coach, sorry I just don't see it.  
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Had this post deleted 2 times already. I guess if Jim starts it its ok. Or certain coaches/jobs are ok to speculate about and others are not. You can take educated guesses about jtown but not Somerset, Tyrone, etc. I'll have to read the bleacher coaches bylaws.
Prince Sidewinder
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Prince Sidewinder »

The co-op first has to be offered to schools with connecting boundaries.  Conemaugh Valley has to be declined to co-op with all bordering schools and then petition to PIAA to co-op with a non-bordering school.  That is how BV and CV co-op in Track and Field as well as Girls Volleyball.

United and CV are both having number issues and United borders BV.  BV has approximately 31 players for next football season while United and CV are in the mid-teens.  

Some schools have a no co-op policies, Central Cambria for example.  A co-op could effect your classification.  Oddly enough it depends on who co-op’s with  who that effects your classification.  If BV goes to CV they are now AA, but if CV goes to BV they would be A.  
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Jimjohn81 wrote:Had this post deleted 2 times already. I guess if Jim starts it its ok. Or certain coaches/jobs are ok to speculate about and others are not. You can take educated guesses about jtown but not Somerset, Tyrone, etc. I'll have to read the bleacher coaches bylaws.
Well I wasn’t the one to delete your post, and mine isn’t an educated guess. Not sure why that happened though. No reason it needed to be deleted from my standpoint. 
KingBee73
Freshman
Freshman

Post by KingBee73 »

Ferndale needs a coach who will develop a good rapport with the kids and be tough. Things need to be done a certain way and if the kids act up, they get benched. Possibility of a former assistant putting his name into the ring for the position.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

knowitall wrote:Uh huh.  It wasn’t a very good year for the WestPAC.  I don’t know how many seniors CT had this year.  CV graduates 10 from a team of 21.  I don’t think the future is very bright for Ferndale, Blacklick or Shade.  North Star might be the worst team in the state 
And how do you know this
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

Prince Sidewinder wrote:The co-op first has to be offered to schools with connecting boundaries.  Conemaugh Valley has to be declined to co-op with all bordering schools and then petition to PIAA to co-op with a non-bordering school.  That is how BV and CV co-op in Track and Field as well as Girls Volleyball.

United and CV are both having number issues and United borders BV.  BV has approximately 31 players for next football season while United and CV are in the mid-teens.  

Some schools have a no co-op policies, Central Cambria for example.  A co-op could effect your classification.  Oddly enough it depends on who co-op’s with  who that effects your classification.  If BV goes to CV they are now AA, but if CV goes to BV they would be A.  
Asking because I really don’t know. How do Co ops work as far as classification? I assumed you just added the 2 enrollments together. But according to this example, it’s not as simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk