1 T. Reed (Sr) 96 779 8

5 Z. Vogelsberger (Sr) 82 692 17

15 K. Stahl (Fr) 33 327 4

Richland receiving

12 C. Burke (Jr) 65 1129 15

8 T. Tustin (Jr) 25 590 8

14 J. Kovachick (Sr) 25 282 2

2 K. Bailey (Jr) 26 274 5

Burke and Tutino with very similar numbers. Go to guys for each team and have come up with big plays when needed. Tutino moves from slot to wide, where Burke is almost always split.  Tutino has been here before, but Burke was point guard on state runner up team last year and plays like a senior.  Best two receivers in the area.  ( excluding State College psu recruit and Lezzner at Clearfield from the discussion today.) 

Looks like Reed does the dirty work and Vogelsberger is the goal line back to punch it in when needed. Richland has used back up QB Stahl as a running threat at times, even trusting him to handle in the fourth quarter in a tight game with CR this year.

Sheeder is huge weapon for LV running or receiving. Miller is best running back LV has had in a while and has as many carries as the top two Richland rbs. Expect LV to establish him early and often.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Game of the year: play maker comparison

Post by 12HankQB »

Enzo, what happened to you? I'm impressed. You're doing a great job and keep it up, being as unbiased as you can to. I like it. Why does this game have to be so far away?!?!
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Very interesting how similar Burke and Tutino numbers are.
And I had not realized the numbers that Kyrie Miller put up for LV this year.
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

Keep in mind that all of LV's numbers are in 11 games due to the forfeit by Saltsburg. They would be even more impressive.....this game is going to be great! Don't miss it!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

12HankQB wrote:Enzo, what happened to you? I'm impressed. You're doing a great job and keep it up, being as unbiased as you can to. I like it. Why does this game have to be so far away?!?!
At least they moved it to Sat. nt.  Thats a small concession to the weather, but not the fans' comfort levels.
It ain't over until it's over.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Manfred wrote:
12HankQB wrote:Enzo, what happened to you? I'm impressed. You're doing a great job and keep it up, being as unbiased as you can to. I like it. Why does this game have to be so far away?!?!
At least they moved it to Sat. nt.  Thats a small concession to the weather, but not the fans' comfort levels.
Any chance you could film and put it on the tv? I'd be comfortable with that
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Fballrules17
Junior
Junior

Post by Fballrules17 »

DCor50 wrote:Keep in mind that all of LV's numbers are in 11 games due to the forfeit by Saltsburg.  They would be even more impressive.....this game is going to be great!  Don't miss it!
Some may consider the numbers to be equaled out considering Ligonier is in week 12 and and has beaten exactly 1 2A team all season that wasn't beaten by 18 kids from Saltsburg.  In fact, the one 2A team they did beat played a one score game against a team that did lose to Saltsburg. 
Do you think it's fair to compare numbers for Steel Valley, Charleroi, Wash High, against those of the Ligonier kids?  Those teams play 2A teams all season long.  Let's not get carried away with this game of the century scenario.  There are two good AA teams in all of district 6 and they finally have to play each other.  That's great.  We should finally see both teams challenged within their classification. 
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

Fballrules17, that’s correct what you said above LV ‘only’ beating one AA school that didn’t lose to Saltsburg.  But they also beat 3 top tier A teams that are still playing by huge blowouts.  Northern Cambria 49-6 (who needed to score in the final minute to beat Saltsburg 36-34). United 47-7(who lost to those 18 kids from Saltsburg) and Shade 45-8.  We can point out scenarios all day long.  Numbers don’t lie.  This game is going to be a great one.  Both teams are very good and I’d expect them both to play again next year.
Last edited by DCor50 on November 16th, 2018, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

They may play next year, but in the first round. I think Richland loses too much to be a district champion next year. 
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

LV did to 1A teams what a really good 2A team should do. Nothing impressive about a single win on their schedule. Does not mean they are not a really good team. Does not mean I don’t think they will beat Richland. Just stating the obvious and I also understand it’s the league their in and they don’t pick their schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!