Re: D6 Class A Championship

Post by knowitall »

Who called it?
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

I'm going with United. 20 years since that 98 team. Maybe they have the same magic in them this year.
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

Goldeneagles12 wrote:I'm going with United. 20 years since that 98 team. Maybe they have the same magic in them this year.
United is the Cinderella story for sure but I think there luck runs out in this one. JV is playing shut down defense right now and they have far more offensive weapons than United has seen all year (other than the Ligonier Valley game). 
PRFootball
Freshman
Freshman

Post by PRFootball »

guru1 wrote:
Goldeneagles12 wrote:I'm going with United. 20 years since that 98 team. Maybe they have the same magic in them this year.
United is the Cinderella story for sure but I think there luck runs out in this one. JV is playing shut down defense right now and they have far more offensive weapons than United has seen all year (other than the Ligonier Valley game). 
I disagree, United is playing shutdown defense as well, They are to be overlooked. More to the story then whats seen....
"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing"
FunFacts
Junior
Junior

Post by FunFacts »

United just beat a very good Northern Cambria team without their best player really stepping on the field. Shows how good of a team they are. JV just completely shut down a BG team that seemed to be hitting their stride after struggling a little this season. I think it’s a coin flip game I think. Should continue the great championship games that have been played this year.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

knowitall wrote:Who called it?
The same guy which said [font="Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I’m sticking with my LV 35 Richland 21 prediction[/font]
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Nope.  I didn’t predict JV-United.  Did you?
Linebacker55
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Linebacker55 »

FunFacts wrote:United just beat a very good Northern Cambria team without their best player really stepping on the field.  Shows how good of a team they are.  JV just completely shut down a BG team that seemed to be hitting their stride after struggling a little this season.  I think it’s a coin flip game I think. Should continue the great championship games that have been played this year.
Any insight on why Silk did not play much in the semis? He could be a real difference maker
Wildcats1
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Wildcats1 »

Linebacker55 wrote:
FunFacts wrote:United just beat a very good Northern Cambria team without their best player really stepping on the field.  Shows how good of a team they are.  JV just completely shut down a BG team that seemed to be hitting their stride after struggling a little this season.  I think it’s a coin flip game I think. Should continue the great championship games that have been played this year.
Any insight on why Silk did not play much in the semis? He could be a real difference maker
He was ill with the flu.  He did play but only a handful of plays and showed up just as warmups ended.