A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: PIAA Messed Up

Post by youngbuck »

Wrasslerfan wrote:All I see  is a bunch of get off my lawn people and whiners
I guess you see what you want to.   
I hear what you are saying Crimson, but which teams have played at 2:00 on Black Friday?
Coach Foust , did LV have this scheduled the last couple?  
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Often times the WPIAL Heinz Field games would have a 10:30 a.m. kickoff on Black Friday for the class A teams. 
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Often times the WPIAL Heinz Field games would have a 10:30 a.m. kickoff on Black Friday for the class A teams. 
WPIAL was always on Root Sports/Fox Sports Net/AT&T on black friday
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
LVCoachFoust
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by LVCoachFoust »

youngbuck wrote:
Wrasslerfan wrote:All I see  is a bunch of get off my lawn people and whiners
I guess you see what you want to.   
I hear what you are saying Crimson, but which teams have played at 2:00 on Black Friday?
Coach Foust , did LV have this scheduled the last couple?  
No.  We played Black Friday at 7pm against Dunmore in 2016 and Friday at 7pm the following week against Southern Columbia. Then at 12pm in Hershey against Dunmore in 2017.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

Some please explain how you think the playoffs are a money grab. This year many districts are close to losing money on them. Same as last year. The PIAA certainly didn’t make any money on the state playoffs. That puzzles me as for the season being too long that is the fault of many districts. When they went to six classes districts were to reduce their playoffs but instead the opposite happened. They decided to make the second scrimmage a game and never decreased their playoffs.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The PIAA should have scheduled the finals for this upcoming weekend.  That would have shortened the season.
Roadrunner340
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Roadrunner340 »

I don't know I think they messed up more when they allowed teams advance in the finals in the way of a BYE week... Your telling me we couldn't have added one more school to the play offs so the teams that have a BYE would have a game this week... Unbelievable, gives that team a whole week to rest and the other teams that are playing are just getting more beat up... I don't get it... 
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

It could easily be shortened. Make it a 1 scrimmage, 9 game season. Start one week earlier. And don't take 12 teams into a district playoff. 4-6 max would be appropriate. 
overthetop
Freshman
Freshman

Post by overthetop »

LVCoachFoust wrote:I thought it was D6 turn to "host" this round.  In '16 we played at Bald Eagle.  Last year we had to travel to Hershey.  Why Central York?
New classification cycle, new brackets, new pairings. Central York is a neutral site about halfway in between the schools, neither district is hosting.
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

Roadrunner340 wrote:I don't know I think they messed up more when they allowed teams advance in the finals in the way of a BYE week... Your telling me we couldn't have added one more school to the play offs so the teams that have a BYE would have a game this week... Unbelievable, gives that team a whole week to rest and the other teams that are playing are just getting more beat up... I don't get it... 
It is the district's choice that there are byes... The WPIAL chooses to only have 8 teams in their playoffs for some of the classes, which gives their champion a bye week. If D6 A only took 8 teams instead of 12 then their champ could have a bye this coming week. The PIAA only makes the state brackets, and each individual district can choose how many teams they take and how they make their brackets to that point.