Coaching Carousel

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by TAHS92Alum »

crfball wrote:If Franco goes back to Tyrone and they have average records still, does that hurt legendary status?
It would take a lot of average to bring his record at Tyrone back to average. He wouldn't be the first coach to have multiple stints either. I guess the big difference he would bring is belief, but the current players would be in for a major culture shock. 
-BIRDS OF PREY-
lhacfan63
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by lhacfan63 »

IHeartFootball2 wrote:
lhacfan63 wrote:
Jimjohn81 wrote:What's going on in Altoona? Did they "open" the position or fire Felus? Any reason why? I found an old article saying it wasn't about wins/losses. 
They basically opened the position and told Felus he could reapply but it was pretty much implied he wouldn't be rehired.
You are right it wasn't about wins or losses it was about a complete lack of discipline on and off the field and Felus refusing to hold players accountable for rules violations and other issues like that. He was warned by the board to clean it up and then proceeded to openly defy them.
lhac63, you seem to be connected with someone at Altoona to have that type of info. What exactly did he do to openly defy the board? Just wondering 
I would really prefer not to say since I don't want to start any rumors about the kids themselves. But I will say that the school board expressly told Felus not to do certain things then he tried to do those very things under there nose. Without mentioning any particular players some examples are arguing with coaches and administrators being generally disrespectful and violating various school policies in the locker rooms also some instances of fighting in the locker rooms
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

knowitall wrote:
Manfred wrote:
lhacfan63 wrote: They basically opened the position and told Felus he could reapply but it was pretty much implied he wouldn't be rehired.
You are right it wasn't about wins or losses it was about a complete lack of discipline on and off the field and Felus refusing to hold players accountable for rules violations and other issues like that. He was warned by the board to clean it up and then proceeded to openly defy them.
And yet...when we discuss these same exact issues of lack of discipline with regards to the Steelers, many still want to hang onto Tomlin.
Do high school players get paid more than their coach?  Do high school players have a union?  Comparing a high school coach to a pro coach is downright amusing.
Comparative pay scale has nothing to do with courtesy, respect, integrity, discipline, all of which are lacking today.  Your post proves that.
It ain't over until it's over.
IHeartFootball2
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by IHeartFootball2 »

So when’s Franco to Tyrone become official? I heard it’s a done deal already. Is that true Tyrone guys?
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

No idea what your talking about.... but it’s a nice thought
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Not sure its a done deal or not. But that's what I have heard also.
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

my guess would be 2/6 as the earliest announcement on the coaching front "officially", post school board meeting
-BIRDS OF PREY-
IHeartFootball2
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by IHeartFootball2 »

TAHS92Alum wrote:my guess would be 2/6 as the earliest announcement on the coaching front "officially", post school board meeting
So do you think it is going to Franco or someone else? That job should field some good interest. I saw a tweet last night from LHAC asking if Franco resigned at the PC school board meeting last night but no one commented on if it was true or now.
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

I think it will be interesting, I know he will be a candidate, the real question is, will administration vote to have him back. Seems to be the hot topic around town as well. I think there will be plenty of applications. I just hope its soon so the off season isn't wasted
-BIRDS OF PREY-
rayderplayer
Freshman
Freshman

Post by rayderplayer »

SoftWalkinBigStick wrote:Sounds like Felis and Wilson got the same treatment.  Franco is headed to Tyrone per close source. Any word on Huntingdon? I heard Hudy was leaving.
Hudy is leaving, I think effective January 22.