Coaching Carousel

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by CoffinCorner »

Is this a good hire ? Not familiar with him or the program he was coaching.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

slyfox wrote:
lgb87cape wrote:
slyfox wrote:Rumor has it PC will be giving the nod to Felus next week.
What is your source ??
Do you really expect me to disclose that? All I can tell is you that next Wednesday you can say sly fox you were right! There will be some disappointed applicants.   :-ssGood riddance
How long should we wait for this announcement?  
Have heard from multiple sources that Felus is trying use his older brother's connections to get collegiate job. 
IHeartFootball2
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by IHeartFootball2 »

Just saw on twitter that Justin Myers was approved as the next head coach at FH. From my source, Felus is the next head coach at PC, which will be official at next Tuesdays board meeting. Not sure where this coaching college thing came from. And down the mountain I heard Nedimyer will be hiring all the good old boys to coach again including Mr. Phil Riccio. Things should go well there.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

IHeartFootball2 wrote:Just saw on twitter that Justin Myers was approved as the next head coach at FH. From my source, Felus is the next head coach at PC, which will be official at next Tuesdays board meeting. Not sure where this coaching college thing came from. And down the mountain I heard Nedimyer will be hiring all the good old boys to coach again including Mr. Phil Riccio. Things should go well there.
Felus. Saint Francis coordinator position. 
IHeartFootball2
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by IHeartFootball2 »

lgb87cape wrote:
IHeartFootball2 wrote:Just saw on twitter that Justin Myers was approved as the next head coach at FH. From my source, Felus is the next head coach at PC, which will be official at next Tuesdays board meeting. Not sure where this coaching college thing came from. And down the mountain I heard Nedimyer will be hiring all the good old boys to coach again including Mr. Phil Riccio. Things should go well there.
You mean the OC position Marco Pecora was promoted to last week at St. Francis? Pecora is the new OC there
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

What bugs me about the new FH hire is it was practically a shoo-in from the moment the Don stepped down, yet the circus was drawn out for months. I wish him well, with a pretty bare cupboard for next year. If.....Crawley would get back on the team, it would take some heat off the Jr. Qb, the new Coach's son, but the lines are yuuuuge question marks.
It ain't over until it's over.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

several years back this board was all abuzz when Meyers was derailed at CH...Back on track
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

IHeartFootball2 wrote:
lgb87cape wrote:
You mean the OC position Marco Pecora was promoted to last week at St. Francis? Pecora is the new OC there
Well it's some position at SFU..
slyfox
Freshman
Freshman

Post by slyfox »

lgb87cape wrote:
Who is your source? Did the PC score keeper let the cat out of the bag?  :-?
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

Manfred wrote:What bugs me about the new FH hire is it was practically a shoo-in from the moment the Don stepped down, yet the circus was drawn out for months.  I wish him well, with a pretty bare cupboard for next year.  If.....Crawley would get back on the team, it would take some heat off the Jr. Qb, the new Coach's son, but the lines are yuuuuge question marks.
Justin was the logical choice to replace Coach Bailey, agreed.
I played for Coach Bailey, as did two of my sons. I believe I mentioned this on here once before. When my boys were playing, I had a conversation w/ Coach, about camp, and how "soft" it was compared to the 80's. Back then, weightlifting in the summer was Hard, speed and quickness drills were Hard, pre-camp was Hard, and camp,...was HARD. But, when the season started, 99% of the time, we were in better shape than our opponents, and Very Rarely lost games in the 4th quarter. 
When my boys played, I went to watch camp occasionally. My reaction was, "Why so soft?" Then in games, FH gave up leads in the 4th quarter numerous times,...the opponents were in better shape, we were tired/cramping. Coach enlightened me to something I hadn't considered. Kids have more sports to choose from now, more options in the fall. You couldn't be too hard on them, or you would lose some, to other sports. Coach Bailey had to find a middle ground, a place where the amount of work didn't drive away kids, but was still enough to prepare them.
My hope for Justin is, I hope he can create enough "desire/pride to play football for FH", among the players, that allows him to up the ante a little on how hard he can push them to Work. 
Manfred, regarding your concerns about next year's Lines:
A "smallish" line, that is tough-as-nails in shape, and is quick, and fast, can overcome a bigger line that is tired, and a little slower in the 4th quarter. "Smallish" lines at FH were the norm in the 80's, but they were tough as nails, quick, and fast.
Everybody talks about the glamorous positions, the "skill" positions. But, your success, or failure, lies in those horses in the trenches.
Coach Bailey is/was one of a kind. His body of work proves that. Justin can also be one of a kind, doing it his way. I wish him well.