Signing Day

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
footballmadness
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Signing Day

Post by footballmadness »

Signing day is similar the NFL Draft- does anyone check Mel Kiper's accuracy 5 years later ? So many kids sign and a big deal is made, on social media, then they transfer a year later or drop out...
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

footballmadness wrote:Signing day is similar the NFL Draft- does anyone check Mel Kiper's accuracy 5 years later ?  So many kids sign and a big deal is made, on social media, then they transfer a year later or drop out...
Alabama keeps winning on signing day and winning national championships. I don't think that's a coincidence. 
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:
footballmadness wrote:Signing day is similar the NFL Draft- does anyone check Mel Kiper's accuracy 5 years later ?  So many kids sign and a big deal is made, on social media, then they transfer a year later or drop out...
Alabama keeps winning on signing day and winning national championships. I don't think that's a coincidence. 
It's a college football monopoly...all the best go to Alabama
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
footballmadness
Freshman
Freshman

Post by footballmadness »

I meant locally.  I noted couple lineman from BG that were highly touted, never made it.  Smith the kid from LV want to WV now at a community college.  Punter from Hburg couple of years ago went to Wm & Mary, now gone...
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

footballmadness wrote:I meant locally.  I noted couple lineman from BG that were highly touted, never made it.  Smith the kid from LV want to WV now at a community college.  Punter from Hburg couple of years ago went to Wm & Mary, now gone...
Not everyone works out in college, but that doesn't diminish they earned the offer coming out of high school. Very few achieve success at the next level, but you still have to be really good to even be considered for that level.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Football is just different and hard to project from level to level. 
A kid could go to a college that has a coaching change 6 months later and all of the sudden not remotely fit into the scheme. Or a kid can just stop growing. Or a kid could suffer a debilitating injury.

In baseball, if a kid can throw a 95 mph faster or hit one, that doesn’t change coach to coach. If you tear up a knee and aren’t quite as fast, welcome to first base.  If you stop growing, so does your strike zone. 

Awdhaemel
Senior
Senior

Post by Awdhaemel »

footballmadness wrote:I meant locally.  I noted couple lineman from BG that were highly touted, never made it.  Smith the kid from LV want to WV now at a community college.  Punter from Hburg couple of years ago went to Wm & Mary, now gone...
Was wondering which BG lineman you are referring to that didn't make it?
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I see Aaron Tutino signed with St. Francis this morning. 
Only 3 offers?  West Virginia Stage, Ship and SFU?   
After all the camps that MrAnonymus took him to.  Surprised to see him sign early and pick SFU.   
Best of luck to Aaron and hope he makes all the other schools regret not chasing him for the next four years.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Big congrats to Dawson Snyder of Shanksville (Shade) committed to Saint Francis to play football. Good Luck Dawson!
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
wagonrider242
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by wagonrider242 »

Nick Hyde from Somerset took a different route and signed with St. Francis for track and field. Passing on FCS interest and offers, while he remains top shot put thrower in the state and top 10 in the country!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk