Re: Friday Scoreboard 2-22-19

Post by reugenev »

Did BG call off the dogs?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

BG played 16 guys according to the box score and it’s starting point guard didn’t even play. 
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Manfred wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:80-11? Did JV play at all?
TWO points, in the ENTIRE second half?  How do some of these teams get into a playoff? =))
How do some of these teams feel good about being AA(U)?
SFB14
Senior
Senior

Post by SFB14 »

BG played everyone on their bench, didn’t press after the first quarter, pulled their starters half-way through the 3rd quarter (after sitting them the final 3-4 minutes of the first half) and never played them again, and played zone in the 4th quarter. I’m not sure you can do much more, especially when NC played their starters over half the 4th quarter.  It just seemed to be on of those nights where NC was in over their heads. 
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

Wow!  NC must really be hurting!  Probably should’ve declined the playoff qualification!  Not a good experience for anyone involved!
FunFacts
Junior
Junior

Post by FunFacts »

reugenev wrote:Wow!  NC must really be hurting!  Probably should’ve declined the playoff qualification!  Not a good experience for anyone involved!
NC ended the season 10-13 according to the mirror article.  They beat Claysburg by double digits to play BG so they actually won a playoff game.  Don’t know how the game got that ugly but winning a playoff game makes them a playoff team.  They just aren’t on the level with the Bishops but no one in D6 is. As I stated in my predictions.  BG will won every game by 20+ they are that good.  
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

reugenev wrote:Wow!  NC must really be hurting!  Probably should’ve declined the playoff qualification!  Not a good experience for anyone involved!
Considering they only won a combined 10 games in the previous 5 seasons before this one, I’m sure they were thrilled to make the playoffs and win one. Even if it meant playing a team that has no business being in AA
CambriaNit
Freshman
Freshman

Post by CambriaNit »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
Manfred wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:80-11? Did JV play at all?
TWO points, in the ENTIRE second half?  How do some of these teams get into a playoff? =))
Are you referring to BG being AAU? Even though I live a county away my cousin coaches at Hollidaysburg. I asked him about that because I saw them play last summer. He said those kids have played together since elementary in parochial and other than I believe two kids, have been since that time. Their coach stresses then playing together as a team even in AAU to continue to grow. Pretty smart move if you ask me. That said NC is really down this year. BG plays a harder schedule. My nephew plays for NC and he said BG didn't do anything to run it up. They subbed everyone .So not sure what you are referring to. If you want to see a team that did use AAU you may want to talk to folks about what Juniata Valley did
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

CambriaNit wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:
Manfred wrote: TWO points, in the ENTIRE second half?  How do some of these teams get into a playoff? =))
Are you referring to BG being AAU? Even though I live a county away my cousin coaches at Hollidaysburg. I asked him about that because I saw them play last summer. He said those kids have played together since elementary in parochial and other than I believe two kids, have been since that time. Their coach stresses then playing together as a team even in AAU to continue to grow. Pretty smart move if you ask me. That said NC is really down this year. BG plays a harder schedule. My nephew plays for NC and he said BG didn't do anything to run it up. They subbed everyone .So not sure what you are referring to. If you want to see a team that did use AAU you may want to talk to folks about what Juniata Valley did
NC is down this year? They won 10 games. They have only won 10 combined games in the 5 seasons before this one. I’m not saying the kids haven’t been in the system, but in a sport like basketball where one player can make a difference, the fact that these kids would not be on the same team if it wasn’t for an open boundary school is significant, especially in A and AA. But as for JV, that’s why I don’t want to see a separate playoff, but at the very least open boundary schools should be treated the same as co-ops.