Da Heights: Daylight football

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Da Heights: Daylight football

Post by Manfred »

Lights @ Patton Stadium are the issue.  Or lack of.  This is a DECADES-old problem.  Games for this year are scheduled for Saturdays, which isn't really a problem except for maybe September heat.  I'm curious what has been done to remedy the running joke for years, which is the field next to the High School was laid out either 1/2, or 1 yard, short of a regulation 100 yard field.  Can anyone confirm if this has been addressed?  =))
It ain't over until it's over.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Da Heights: Daylight football

Post by lgb87cape »

I think it's an end zone short. I could be wrong...
CrazyTrain
Freshman
Freshman

Post by CrazyTrain »

I heard it was voted on and approved to put in a turf field at the high school. Supposedly they’ll start that project in the spring. Not sure when this will all be finished by though.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

CrazyTrain wrote:I heard it was voted on and approved to put in a turf field at the high school. Supposedly they’ll start that project in the spring. Not sure when this will all be finished by though.
Just as a rough guideline, figure at least 5 months.  FH started maybe later than expected, and now the new field won't be ready till late Sept.  This will necessitate playing a couple home games likely @ Richland.
It ain't over until it's over.
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kmr »

Central Cambria needs to follow FH & CH's lead.  The field is absolutely terrible!!!  For years now and even through many attempts to add drainage the field can only stay in playing condition half the year.  Actually the entire stadium needs work the track needs replaced, fence around and in the stadium is rusted and falling down in spots, visitors side needs redone, the list goes on and on.  
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

kmr wrote:Central Cambria needs to follow FH & CH's lead.  The field is absolutely terrible!!!  For years now and even through many attempts to add drainage the field can only stay in playing condition half the year.  Actually the entire stadium needs work the track needs replaced, fence around and in the stadium is rusted and falling down in spots, visitors side needs redone, the list goes on and on.  
I believe these are all being discussed for the near future 
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kmr »

It will never happen but I personally think CC should just build a new stadium up by the school where the practice field is.  The old stadium/field needs so much work and it's just a bad location.  The parking is terrible, most of the drainage from that side of the school runs down to the entrance of the stadium, and the hill around the stadium isn't maintained.  The amount of money they have to put into it just start all over.