Curious Hire

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Re: Curious Hire

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Does it have to be personal to not understand a hire Jimmy? My experiences with him were on the coaching end. His brother was much more humble and a better guy.  I'm sure that's part of the reason conemaugh valley didnt want him as their football coach in the past few.  He is probably one of those guys where you love him on his side.  I'm sure as AD he'll be fine. That's all Jim, sorry to upset you. 
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Conemaugh Valley will be on its fourth coach in four years if they are able to field a team this season.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

If there is anyone upset about the new hire in this thread, it certainly isn't me...
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

You obviously are upset about myself questioning the hire. It struck a nerve. I didnt mean for that. I dont care either way.  
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

McCort does a whole lot of curious things, I don’t care one way or another how they conduct their business. 

But I guess I was just a little surprised there was a negative reaction to any school hiring a fairly well qualified AD. 

Some athletic departments are run better than others around here when it comes to media relations. But at the end of the day if you are in a conference 90% of your scheduling is handled. You are scheduling referees for home games and coordinating travel and picking up a few non-conference games here and there. 
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Handling the duties of an A.D. was not at all what I was ever talking about.  An educated and organized 10th grader could handle that. 

I've already wasted too much time on something I dont care at all about. That's all I have to say.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

To recap, Jimjohn started a thread to question the hiring of a part-time athletic director, then some people defended the hire.  12 posts later he has "already wasted too much time on this issue."   I've seen a lot of weird stuff on this board over the years but this one definitely is up there with the most odd.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

I actually found McCort hiring the baseball coach to also be the basketball coach to be a more curious hire.
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

Easy now Coach Cal is an AD and a Thiel College Grad!
Coachcal
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Coachcal »

Go Thiel Tomcats!  The AD job isn't as easy as just scheduling games and officials that's for sure.