Ligonier Valley

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Ligonier Valley

Post by tubmill »

The Ligonier AD finally did something nice for the folks in the Laurel Valley area of the district. They are playing United, Saturday 7, 2019 at Laurel Valley Stadium. The game will be at 1:00 P.M.. This is a throwback game. I'm told that they will be wearing throwback unis. They are going way back with the throwback idea! It is from the time before the creation of the United and Laurel Valley School Districts. The opponents will be the New Florence Wolverines and the Armagh Indians. It's kind of appropriate,  being that New Florence is celebrating their Sesquicentennial this year.  I also understand that Coach Page will be honored at this game. I have heard some grumbling and groaning about this game from some Ligonier people. They hate all things Laurel Valley, so I consider the source.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Ligonier Valley

Post by knowitall »

If, that is, United can field a team.
Fballrules17
Junior
Junior

Post by Fballrules17 »

tubmill wrote:The Ligonier AD finally did something nice for the folks in the Laurel Valley area of the district. They are playing United, Saturday 7, 2019 at Laurel Valley Stadium. The game will be at 1:00 P.M.. This is a throwback game. I'm told that they will be wearing throwback unis. They are going way back with the throwback idea! It is from the time before the creation of the United and Laurel Valley School Districts. The opponents will be the New Florence Wolverines and the Armagh Indians. It's kind of appropriate,  being that New Florence is celebrating their Sesquicentennial this year.  I also understand that Coach Page will be honored at this game. I have heard some grumbling and groaning about this game from some Ligonier people. They hate all things Laurel Valley, so I consider the source.
I remember last season when the consolidation of Liggy and Laurel Valley was brought up, someone from LV stated that there is basically no one from Laurel Valley on the team and if there was no consolidation that Liggy would be just as good as a Single A team.  If that's the case why would they even bother playing a game in New Florence if it has no meaning for the kids or parents who have no attachment to Laurel Valley?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

They really like the pizza @ Sheriff's?
It ain't over until it's over.
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

[ol]There have been guys from the Laurel Valley attendance area on the team every year! Joey Dubics was the captain his senior year. He was from Seward. Kyrie Miller, the star running back, is from Bolivar. The Beitels actually lived in the Laurel Valley attendance area, before moving to Ligonier and building a $500,000 home. Looking at this years roster, I can see ten kids from LV attendance area on the roster off the top of my head. By the way, if there was no consolidation, Ligonier would not be a single A school. Finally, the AD doing this is the decent thing to do![/ol]
tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by tubmill »

Fballrules17 wrote:
tubmill wrote:The Ligonier AD finally did something nice for the folks in the Laurel Valley area of the district. They are playing United, Saturday 7, 2019 at Laurel Valley Stadium. The game will be at 1:00 P.M.. This is a throwback game. I'm told that they will be wearing throwback unis. They are going way back with the throwback idea! It is from the time before the creation of the United and Laurel Valley School Districts. The opponents will be the New Florence Wolverines and the Armagh Indians. It's kind of appropriate,  being that New Florence is celebrating their Sesquicentennial this year.  I also understand that Coach Page will be honored at this game. I have heard some grumbling and groaning about this game from some Ligonier people. They hate all things Laurel Valley, so I consider the source.
I remember last season when the consolidation of Liggy and Laurel Valley was brought up, someone from LV stated that there is basically no one from Laurel Valley on the team and if there was no consolidation that Liggy would be just as good as a Single A team.  If that's the case why would they even bother playing a game in New Florence if it has no meaning for the kids or parents who have no attachment to Laurel Valley?
Kyrie Miller,  from Bolivar was  tonight's star on both sides of the ball!
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

LV is a joke. They are playing schools with a 1/3 of the enrollment they have. Move up or get to the WPIAL.
SportsFan04
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by SportsFan04 »

You do realize that Marion Center, West Shamokin and United have similar enrollment numbers to Ligonier right?  :-?
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

SportsFan04 wrote:You do realize that Marion Center, West Shamokin and United have similar enrollment numbers to Ligonier right?  :-?
Ligonier-197
United -116
That's similar?
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
SportsFan04
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by SportsFan04 »

2018-2019 9th to 12th
LV 514
MC 411
WS 391
U 346

Yes United is getting to be a stretch. I probably should have excluded them. My point is LV is not 3 times bigger like everyone makes them out to be. I complain about LV as much as the next person but this is a football "problem" not an all sport, enrollment problem. It's not like they're cleaning up in every sport every year. A lot of schools around here need to coop or consolidate in certain sports and a lot more balance will entail I believe but no one wants to do that.