The State of Football at Johnstown High

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: The State of Football at Johnstown High

Post by theprophet »

I don’t know the state of things at Johnstown but what I saw last night was what looks like a lot of young kids and just like a lot of schools football numbers are down and they look to be really down at Johnstown.

I was always told If the game is played within a score of winning or losing its coaching, they are down 40 at halftime of every game which means there just isn’t any talent. It happens. Johnstown has dominated the majority of the LHAC for a long stretch. Now it’s over. I don’t care if Belicheck was coaching that team they would still get blown out
Danisuzp
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Danisuzp »

theArchive wrote:Hi everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster. I'm looking for info on this year's Trojan squad. 

Specifically, how has first coach Jordan changed things up this summer? I can't even find a write up in the Trib. Has the whole town lost it's pride? Saw they are still looking for varsity coaches as per the website this week

A 0-win season is unacceptable to say the least. I'm not trying to be an Altoona fan thinking we should win a state championship every year or fill Trojan Stadium to the brink each and every game, it's just really sad to see my alma mater in such shambles. 

Atleast we got the Ferndale "B" league coaching attitude out the door. 

Step two should be to instill some knowledge in the program of our storied history and community involvement. I know it will never like the glory years, but C'MON MAN

Two long time buddies of mine (also former players) arent going to games this season because they say they cant bear to watch this excuse for tackle football anymore. Football at JHS used to be a contact sport. We can't keep losing alumni support like this.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Trojan
I hope you know that JHS is not the same as it once was. That starts at home not the field or classroom. These boys need guidance in life and that’s way more important than wins or losses. Your “B” league Ferndale coaching as you called it has the most wins in a season in Trojan History! Penna went above and beyond for those students his entire tenure. Bruce Jordan is a Trojan alum and knows the history of the program and wants to win just as much as the next guy. He is trying his best to instill discipline and Trojan pride in these boys. You can not compare Trojan football of years ago to now, it’s apples and oranges, our town has changed way too much. Let’s worry more about being positive male role models for these boys and helping them navigate life, that’s what Penna & Jordan both do! 
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Curious. That with as bad as their record is that they have a Youngstown State commit
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:Curious. That with as bad as their record is that they have a Youngstown State commit
Explain.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

He’s good but one player can only do so much.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:Curious. That with as bad as their record is that they have a Youngstown State commit
Has he played yet? He was out against CC week 1
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

For what it's worth, Jtowns JV team is undefeated so far.
stownJohn
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by stownJohn »

Danisuzp wrote:
theArchive wrote:Hi everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster. I'm looking for info on this year's Trojan squad. 

Specifically, how has first coach Jordan changed things up this summer? I can't even find a write up in the Trib. Has the whole town lost it's pride? Saw they are still looking for varsity coaches as per the website this week

A 0-win season is unacceptable to say the least. I'm not trying to be an Altoona fan thinking we should win a state championship every year or fill Trojan Stadium to the brink each and every game, it's just really sad to see my alma mater in such shambles. 

Atleast we got the Ferndale "B" league coaching attitude out the door. 

Step two should be to instill some knowledge in the program of our storied history and community involvement. I know it will never like the glory years, but C'MON MAN

Two long time buddies of mine (also former players) arent going to games this season because they say they cant bear to watch this excuse for tackle football anymore. Football at JHS used to be a contact sport. We can't keep losing alumni support like this.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Trojan
I hope you know that JHS is not the same as it once was. That starts at home not the field or classroom. These boys need guidance in life and that’s way more important than wins or losses. Your “B” league Ferndale coaching as you called it has the most wins in a season in Trojan History! Penna went above and beyond for those students his entire tenure. Bruce Jordan is a Trojan alum and knows the history of the program and wants to win just as much as the next guy. He is trying his best to instill discipline and Trojan pride in these boys. You can not compare Trojan football of years ago to now, it’s apples and oranges, our town has changed way too much. Let’s worry more about being positive male role models for these boys and helping them navigate life, that’s what Penna & Jordan both do! 
Johnstown kind of reminds me of Harrisburg High School when it comes to the types of issues that their student-athletes face outside of school. With that said Harrisburg HS only won one game in 2011 but last season they played in the AAAAAA State Championship game. Interestingly their current coach, Calvin Everett, is the same guy who could only win that one game in his first season at the helm so I hold out hope that Coach Jordan can create a similar turnaround.
SPORTSGURU814
Senior
Senior

Post by SPORTSGURU814 »

Watched this train wreck last night the Head Coach has no control of that team kids acting out on the sidelines personal foul calls if he does t get some type of control there it’s going to get very bad 
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

SPORTSGURU814 wrote:Watched this train wreck last night the Head Coach has no control of that team kids acting out on the sidelines personal foul calls if he does t get some type of control there it’s going to get very bad 
If it’s so bad why go watch?  Go watch the 6-7 other train wrecks airing every Friday night.