The State of Football at Johnstown High

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
theArchive
Freshman
Freshman

The State of Football at Johnstown High

Post by theArchive »

Hi everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster. I'm looking for info on this year's Trojan squad. 

Specifically, how has first coach Jordan changed things up this summer? I can't even find a write up in the Trib. Has the whole town lost it's pride? Saw they are still looking for varsity coaches as per the website this week

A 0-win season is unacceptable to say the least. I'm not trying to be an Altoona fan thinking we should win a state championship every year or fill Trojan Stadium to the brink each and every game, it's just really sad to see my alma mater in such shambles. 

Atleast we got the Ferndale "B" league coaching attitude out the door. 

Step two should be to instill some knowledge in the program of our storied history and community involvement. I know it will never like the glory years, but C'MON MAN

Two long time buddies of mine (also former players) arent going to games this season because they say they cant bear to watch this excuse for tackle football anymore. Football at JHS used to be a contact sport. We can't keep losing alumni support like this.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Trojan
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: The State of Football at Johnstown High

Post by Manfred »

Good luck with changing the current culture.  FWIW, it can happen anywhere.
It ain't over until it's over.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Great culture takes years to build. But it seems it can be destroyed a lot quicker.
SPORTSGURU814
Senior
Senior

Post by SPORTSGURU814 »

IMO they made a terrible hire if you wanted to change the culture should brought fresh people in everyone on the staff is the same minus HC don’t look for any miracles at JHS I’ll be generous 2-8
stownJohn
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by stownJohn »

If I were to coach Johnstown I would probably implement some kind of triple option attack to get the most out of the talent they have on the roster. Flexbone, wishbone, etc. 
stownJohn
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by stownJohn »

Johnstown just went 12-2 in 2016 and 8-4 in 2017. That 0-10 of last season is still mind boggling to me.
stownJohn
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by stownJohn »

After the beatdown that Johnstown took last night from a mediocre Central Cambria team I think it’s safe to say that by season’s end Johnstown will be one of the top 10 worst teams in the state regardless of classification.
SPORTSGURU814
Senior
Senior

Post by SPORTSGURU814 »

This program is in shambles I have never seen Johnstown football this bad . If I’m not mistaken this is 4 straight games the opposing team has run kickoff back. Not sure what the solution is but someone needs to stop the bleeding it’s an embarrassment to anyone that ever suited up for the Trojans 
stownJohn
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by stownJohn »

Does JHS simply have no talent anymore or is the coaching just absolutely God-awful?
SPORTSGURU814
Senior
Senior

Post by SPORTSGURU814 »

stownJohn wrote:Does JHS simply have no talent anymore or is the coaching just absolutely God-awful?
I think it’s definitely a combination of both something needs to change because whatever is going on there isn’t working