Which sinking ship turns it around in week 3?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Which sinking ship turns it around in week 3?

Post by youngbuck »

More than a couple 0 - 2 teams, any of these reverse course and make the playoffs
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Which sinking ship turns it around in week 3?

Post by Aiks19 »

I’m not sure what Tyrone’s final record will be, given their schedule isn’t easy. But talk about a heartbreaking 0-2 start..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Johnstown plays Penn Cambria...so one of them will get a chance to turn it around.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Pretty poor call at the end last night, news clip showed two different officials two different calls
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

Neither will make the playoffs, but Penn Cambria and Johnstown play this weekend and it could be each schools best shot at a win this season.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

FH (0-2) has Richland next. So, FH will likely start 0-3. I do not see FH putting the train back on the tracks, and making the playoffs.

Someone please correct me, if I'm wrong. I believe the last time FH started 0-3 was back in the 70's (1976?), when there was a Teacher's Strike, and FH Forfeited the first 3 games. Then the strike ended, and FH won the remaining games on their schedule. Some have said, that was 1 of Coach Bailey's best teams.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Talked to someone last night that told me Bailey never went 0- 4, so that could be accurate
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

Aiks19 wrote:I’m not sure what Tyrone’s final record will be, given their schedule isn’t easy. But talk about a heartbreaking 0-2 start..

Yea. The injuries compound that. I don’t think they stay “Ofer “ but highly doubt with remaining schedule that they even sniff .500
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

FH's '76 team, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but BMCHS's Brian Basile played for Bailey on that team, which went undefeated and gave up -6- points ALL year.  They have been recognized in the past, likely more than once, for this tremendous feat.  So it wasn't the 76 team.  Bailey's first year was a teachers strike, and the first 3 or 4 games were forfeits.  Bailey ended that year 4-1 in actual games played.  The rest is history.
It ain't over until it's over.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

EaglealumsGhost wrote:
Aiks19 wrote:I’m not sure what Tyrone’s final record will be, given their schedule isn’t easy. But talk about a heartbreaking 0-2 start..

Yea. The injuries compound that. I don’t think they stay “Ofer “ but highly doubt with remaining schedule that they even sniff .500
Your probably right. .500 is gonna be tough but as long as they continue to fight that's all that matters.