Expectations After 2 Weeks

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
sportsfan1072
Sophomore
Sophomore

Expectations After 2 Weeks

Post by sportsfan1072 »

It's early, but after 2 weeks into the high school season, what team or teams are the biggest surprise, good - or bad? Or do you think there is no surprise - the season is playing out as you expected. Would you re-rank any of your preseason rankings?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Expectations After 2 Weeks

Post by Manfred »

I predict the Pirates will not finish in last place.
It ain't over until it's over.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

This is what this board has turned into, someone tries to start a discussion and guys like this post bs comments. Nice answer Manfred.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

To the question, I felt BEA and LV keep their status as top dogs in their classes.

Interesting game with Westmont and CC this week. CC has the feel of 2018 PC, got off to a good start because of the quality of their opponents, but you only have to worry about the team you play that week and they have dispatched both opponents handily.

I think FH might be in big trouble if they cant find some confidence. And they wont have much off a chance this week. Could be a long season, when other teams are not intimidated at all when the Rangers are on the schedule.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

There are two interesting games in the West PAC this Friday.  Windber plays Portage and Conemaugh Township hosts Conemaugh Valley.  The first game will help decide first through fourth place in the conference.  The second game could help determine tenth place.
BoStillKnows
Senior
Senior

Post by BoStillKnows »

Tyrone is 2 plays away from being 2-0, but given all their injuries and the tough schedule ahead, 3 wins might be realistic for this season. Hard to believe Tyrone is on an 8-game losing streak as well
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

In the Heritage, it looks like Saltsburg and Marion Center may be the second and third best teams.  These teams were at the bottom of the conference two years ago. 
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

I thought the LHAC was a little closer than the scores are showing.  Some blowouts I thought would at least be games, instead of 41-8 routs. 
Thanks!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

youngbuck wrote:This is what this board has turned into, someone tries to start a discussion and guys like this post bs comments.  Nice answer Manfred.
What, you can't handle the truth or enjoy a little levity?  Lighten up, Francis.
It ain't over until it's over.
Earl34
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Earl34 »

Lighten up Francis.......OH MY GOSH FUNNY!!!