10/11 Scores

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 10/11 Scores

Post by SportsFan96 »

Pfister played, but all the CR boys looked like they were a little hungover yet from last weeks big emotional win over Bedford. McCort came prepared, looked faster sideline to sideline and were playing great defense. It took CR 3 1/2 quarters before they finally started to wake up and then got some breaks with some untimely unsportsman like penalties by McCort. Once CR scored it seemed to put a little life in them.
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
Crushersports wrote:McCort 14 Ridge 14...McCort playing undisciplined ball.in the 4th quarter 3 personal fouls on the game tying drive. 2:54 remaining
Did Pfister play?
Yeah he didn't get much running room. McCort kept him contained for the most part. He did his damage throwing 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

How 'bout dem Mustangs? THAT was a great game too.
It ain't over until it's over.
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

Manfred wrote:How 'bout dem Mustangs?  THAT was a great game too.
Definitely was a good game to watch. As I stated In a previous post, IMO this Is one of the best, most aggressive, and fastest Portage defenses I've seen In years. It won the game last night for the 'Stangs for sure, as the offense was ok but not totally consistent.
PAgridder2011
Freshman
Freshman

Post by PAgridder2011 »

And the key is they were smart enough to keep the number under 11.  They'll get Marion Center, which although it won't be easy, should be pretty evenly matched.  Poor Meyersdale, not only did they lose the outright championship they also earned the right to lose by 50.  Although technically a 2A school, it's only because of a co-op.  Meyersdale's true enrollment number is 115.  Berlin's is 88.  Both teams have rosters in the 40's so I'm assuming they are getting some help from their co-op schools, but it's not the same as having everyone under one roof. 

It also helps Ligonier, No 10 point deduction for the win as they will have had in 7 of their 9 wins prior to their 4th consecutive Appy Bowl mercy rule. 
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

SportsFan96 wrote:Pfister played, but all the CR boys looked like they were a little hungover yet from last weeks big emotional win over Bedford. McCort came prepared, looked faster sideline to sideline and were playing great defense. It took CR 3 1/2 quarters before they finally started to wake up and then got some breaks with some untimely unsportsman like penalties by McCort. Once CR scored it seemed to put a little life in them.
So this was more about CR playing poorly than about how good Mccort is 
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

youngbuck wrote:
SportsFan96 wrote:Pfister played, but all the CR boys looked like they were a little hungover yet from last weeks big emotional win over Bedford. McCort came prepared, looked faster sideline to sideline and were playing great defense. It took CR 3 1/2 quarters before they finally started to wake up and then got some breaks with some untimely unsportsman like penalties by McCort. Once CR scored it seemed to put a little life in them.
So this was more about CR playing poorly than about how good Mccort is 
I think it was a little bit of both. CR came out flat and didn’t look anywhere near as good as they have previously and I think part of that reason was the McCort had a great game plan defensively  and executed it well. McCort came ready to play and CR was sluggish to start.
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Portage has Ligonier 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Jimjohn81 wrote:Portage has Ligonier 
No they don't.  The other post was right.  FWIW, the young Rangers had BGU on the ropes, but shot themselves in the foot too many times, falling 20-12.  Other than Myrick, BGU does not impress.  Crawley had a great game running and catching.
It ain't over until it's over.
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Sorry but your wrong mr. manfred. Would you like me to post the tiebreaking criteria?  All of the posts on here about the criteria, i do not remember seeing a correct version. Several wrong statements. Hopefully Gary doesnt rely on Bleachercoaches to figure out who he plays. What a surprise hes ganna have if he does.