Post by footballguy99 »

Where are the games this year? 
What are the matchups?
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Re: Westpac - Heritage matchups

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Didnt the Heritage go 10-0 last year? Can the west pac win a game? Ligonier is going to beat Portage 63-0. Maybe Roger will find a soft spot in his  heart for Gary and only go 42. Ohh wait, thats right, Roger doesn't care about this game according to our Ligonier reporter Enzo. For all of you that know Roger, you know Enzo has zero clue!!!  He must be a penns manor parent in disguise trying to fire everyone up. 
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

According to WDAD:
10/26, Saturday, App Bowl (1 vs 1):  LV vs Portage @ Penns Manor
On Friday 10/25 (all games @ Heritage fields):
2. Marion Center 7-2 vs Meyersdale 8-1
3. Purchase Line 6-3 vs Berlin 8-1
4. Saltsburg 6-3 vs Windber 6-3
5. Homer-Center 5-4 vs Shade 5-4
6. West Shamokin 4-5 vs Conemaugh Township 3-6
7. Blairsville 3-6 vs Blacklick Valley 3-6
8. Northern Cambria 3-6 vs Ferndale 2-7
9. Penns Manor 2-7 vs North Star 2-7
10 United 0-9 vs Conemaugh Valley 0-9

My Initial thoughts:  LV will be a heavy favorite against Portage.  Also - I think the Heritage will win most of the games at the bottom of the conference.  This is based on my understanding that United pretty much handled Conemaugh Township in a scrimmage.  The best chances for the Westpac would probably be 2, 3, and 4.  I could definitely see Berlin beating PL. 
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

I like Heritage in 1 and 6-9. I like the West PAC in 2-5. Will be interesting to see which team forfeits first in game 10.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

LV has won 142 - 8 over the 3 games played.  Not really a big feather in the cap winning these games.  LV does include Appalachian Bowl champion in goals for the season, but district 6 champion is more important.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

LeeCorso wrote:I like Heritage in 1 and 6-9. I like the West PAC in 2-5. Will be interesting to see which team forfeits first in game 10.
2 -5, seriously?  
Awdhaemel
Senior
Senior

Post by Awdhaemel »

Berlin will be only west pac win
footballguy99
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by footballguy99 »

Thanks for the matchups. 
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

I see games 2 and 3 being possible wins for the Westpac and games 4,7 and 9 being maybe the best competitive games otherwise. I'm not sure what to think of the 5 game honestly because a few weeks ago I thought Homer Center could be an upper team In D6A. Now after some losses to some lower half Heritage teams I'm not sure where they stand. Have the Wildcats been dealing with Injuries In the recent weeks or something?
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

PortagePride wrote:I see games 2 and 3 being possible wins for the Westpac and games 4,7 and 9 being maybe the best competitive games otherwise. I'm not sure what to think of the 5 game honestly because a few weeks ago I thought Homer Center could be an upper team In D6A. Now after some losses to some lower half Heritage teams I'm not sure where they stand. Have the Wildcats been dealing with Injuries In the recent weeks or something?
I believe their QB and best player Ben Schmidt is hurt. I saw an interview with Greg Page that said he came back to kick this week, but it sounded like he may still be a few weeks away from  being under center.