openings

Hardwood chatter
districtsixhoops
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

openings

Post by districtsixhoops »

Any word on the openings at Central and Chestnut Ridge? Girls side.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: openings

Post by dadw/2sons »

Mike Reed is out at Ridge? When did that happen? He has a daughter that I thought that he was turning the program around for. Is his departure any backlash from the NBC girls transfer that he was supposedly involved with?
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Rob Mock would be my bet for Central girls.
You play to win the game!!!
SportsLover61
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by SportsLover61 »

What is being told to the Ridge girls (I heard this from one last night) is that he quit because he didn't want people to think that he was playing favorites with his daughter. Come on now...after all the losing, he puts down the reigns because of that, when he has a few talented girls coming up, I tend to think not. JMO. Has anyone else heard anything about it?
Tussey Mt. fan
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Tussey Mt. fan »

Mike Reed resigned because his business partner is retiring and he has to spend more time at the office. With his work schedule he can not devote the amount of time required to coaching. It has absolutely nothing to do with his daughter coming up.
SportsLover61
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by SportsLover61 »

I'm glad that that is what it was, and nothing any worse/sillier than that
ladylionfan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ladylionfan »

I heard that former AAHS girls coach Jill Helsel was the new coach. They have to wait till the 15th so the board makes it official. Good coach. Should do a nice job for Central!
districtsixhoops
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by districtsixhoops »

Maybe that is what is being said in Altoona but I've heard different from people in the cove. They tell me last years assistant at Central will be next coach.
dfoIII
Freshman
Freshman

Post by dfoIII »

If the district hires anyone other than Rob Mock they need their heads examined. He has put in countless thankless hours with the program for the past 7 years . The other candidates were fired for bullying kids at their last coaching gig. Aren't all districts preaching about stop the bullying? How they even got interviewed is beyond me.