D6 championship predictions

Hardwood chatter
D6sports101
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: D6 championship predictions

Post by D6sports101 »

Also heard holsinger will be out this year and agree with BG gaining an advantage because of that. Good guard play as well to match carroll
Pantherfan50
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Pantherfan50 »

I don't think Martinazzi will be grabbing 10 boards a game haha it's ok though considering he's probably the best point guard in the district in the last 4 or so years atleast. And BG can match up with Martinazzi/Lucas easily
SFB14
Senior
Senior

Post by SFB14 »

I think you may be understating how hard it will be to match up with Martinazzi and Lucas (especially Martinazzi). I also am not sure I agree that having a potentially very short pre-season and condensed in season practice availability along with virtually no experienced depth, will have no effect on the Marauders. Time will tell but I can't get past my suspicion that these factors will play a larger role than many realize, especially early in the season.
Pantherfan50
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Pantherfan50 »

They will do just fine early on they're too good to let a shortened offseason hurt them tremendously
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Yeah football shape and basketball shape are totally different things, and good football teams who are also good basketball teams take a while to get rolling. BG may drop some early ones, but they'll be fine down the stretch.
SFB14
Senior
Senior

Post by SFB14 »

I think eventually they will be fine as well. However, I'm not going to say that the group of sophomores is too good to have their inexperience not be a factor. As I stated earlier I say just about every one of their games last year and some of their games this past summer at the Building 2 varsity league and while they are talented they were far from overwelming this summer. It is a big leap from being physically dominant at the junior high level to playing against experienced varsity players who are equal to you on a size and strength basis. There is no way anyone can say for sure whether they will make the necessary adjustments immediately or if it will take some time in to this season or next for that to happen. I believe it would be smart to see that group of kids play and contribute on the varsity level before we can project very much at all as to what BG's prospects will be this winter.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Not sure if this is still going on in the LHAC, but I know a lot of teams are pulling up their best freshmen. SO BG may have been physically dominant, but it could have been against a lot of 8th graders. I'm sure they are good, but I've seen this happen to some recent McCort groups.
SFB14
Senior
Senior

Post by SFB14 »

I agree Crimson regarding playing against mostly 8th graders. I was at almost every game and that was the case most of the time. That is why I'm reserving judgment on how well the incoming sophomores will do moving up to the varsity level. It is a huge jump from playing against 8th graders to now playing against experienced juniors and seniors. They may do just fine but I think it is smart to hold off on any conclusions until you see them in varsity action.
D6sports101
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by D6sports101 »

It will take a little but they will be just fine.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

I can't have too much faith in BG this year to win districts. They lost a lot from last year and that team lost to a very mediocre Forbes Road team in the playoffs. I actually like JV or Portage to challenge BC more than BG in basketball. JMO