Bishops vs others in Girls D6

Hardwood chatter
TarheelFan
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Bishops vs others in Girls D6

Post by TarheelFan »

2 sisters leave NBC to go to JV. This year they were rumored to go to Ridge. Ridge's coach resigns, now his daughter attends JV. They also have a transfer from Altoona. Just sounds a little too fishy for me. I also heard the sisters and girl from Ridge are on the same AAU team? It won't help them when they play Bellwood.
GoDragons
Senior
Senior

Post by GoDragons »

Saint Bishop of Juniata Valley???
Portage Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Portage Alum »

Question is, will JV be any good?
Icoach
Junior
Junior

Post by Icoach »

If there is any truth to the transfers, looks like they will be good, but I still do not think they have the power to beat BA. Also, JV better hope the transfers live in the district, because in this day and age people will call and complain that the girl(s) do not live in the district. It only take one video off of a phone or other device.
Tussey Mt. fan
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Tussey Mt. fan »

JV will be good in time but I think it may take a year or two. The transfers are freshmen with the exception of the one sister from NBC. They do not live in the district. They are paying tuition.
Icoach
Junior
Junior

Post by Icoach »

I was hoping to get an answer to a previous question I posted…..how do we get the private schools in their own class?
LBJHOOPS123
Freshman
Freshman

Post by LBJHOOPS123 »

Maybe we should just kick them out completely.... and while your at it..... Take everyone that's any good at sports out.... so some teams will have a better chance at a trophy!!! that would make most people happy I guess.
Icoach
Junior
Junior

Post by Icoach »

I wasn't proposing we "kick them out" I do however believe all private schools need to compete in playoffs in their own class. Also, who is saying anything about taking schools out that are good at sports. There are several schools that are notoriously good a sports or particular schools that are known for specific sports. I have not read anything on here taking away a school's progress in sports. This issue that has been brought up is the fact that you have schools like BA, MC, Blairsville, Portage, North Star, etc who compete year after year with their own kids. This year BG was going to have some competition with BC and Blairsville and look what they do….4 new girls….One being an incoming senior! Now, I can understand if a girl comes in a freshman that the argument can be made it was for academic reasons, BUT as a senior???? Please, tell me an argument that is remotely fair for public schools to have to compete in Districts and States with a school like BG. Let them play the regular schedule. Then when it comes time for Districts, they play in a class of their own. Let BG play Seton LaSalle, Bishop Canavin, GCC, Oakland Catholic, North Catholic, Vincentian (who got a senior forward from Hampton….again for academic reasons, right?). This is not about a trophy and if you are seeing it that way, shame on you!
SFB14
Senior
Senior

Post by SFB14 »

I hate to jump in on this topic but will do so just to make sure all the facts are out there. I've criticized BG's girls program in the past (and yes I have a son in the school this year) for the amount of tranfers they get. In my mind it is ridiculous. However, they do not have an incoming girl this year who is a senior. BG has a policy that they will not accept a senior transfer for any reason because it is almost always for athletics. I learned this last year when a football player who was going to be a senior wanted to come to BG and was denied. That doesn't make it any easier to digest for other schools when there are 4 girls transferring in to the girls program but in the interest of accuracy (kind of like when someone posted the Davis kids from Bellwood was going to be on the BG boys team which is completely false, but hey anything goes on here sometimes) none of them are seniors.

Carry on with the previous thread.
GoDragons
Senior
Senior

Post by GoDragons »

Per PIAA, "If your Transfer from one school to another is materially motivated in some way by an athletic purpose, you will lose your athletic eligibility in each sport in which you participate within a period of one year immediately following the date on which you transferred. This requirement applies even if you would be otherwise eligible at the school to which you transferred. If your school eliminates a sport for budgetary reasons, you may be permitted to Transfer to another school to participate in that sport. You must enroll and attend the other school. If you desire to participate in any other sports at that school, your PIAA District Committee will assess whether the Transfer was materially motivated in some way by an athletic purpose relating to those sports."

I think the transfers to JV are obviously "materially motivated" "by an athletic purpose". Should they lose a year of athletic eligibility?