Official BleacherCoach

Re: Basketball Scores 12/11 - 12/16

Post by CCDevil2012 »

lgb87cape wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:Boys
CC 91
Bedford 66

Matt Holsinger notched his 1,000th point in tonight's win
4-0 Cake walk so far PM, CT,  WH, Bedford wouldn't start cutting the nets down just yet..
I'm reporting a score not hoisting a trophy, I understand we haven't played the "projected" Section 1 champs in Penn Cambria as picked by you but we handled Bedford without a starter ...... as for the cake walk, Township beat you guys by 10
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
lgb87cape wrote:
CC 91
Bedford 66

4-0 Cake walk so far PM, CT,  WH, Bedford wouldn't start cutting the nets down just yet..
I'm reporting a score not hoisting a trophy, I understand we haven't played the "projected" Section 1 champs in Penn Cambria as picked by you but we handled Bedford without a starter ...... as for the cake walk, Township beat you guys by 10
Try 5. Can't wait until you guys play Johnstown and lose by 15. 
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to defend your inaccurate disposition that Central Cambria will finish 4th/5th in the section. I have not claimed anything about this team other than they have taken a small step back from last years team but have improved in other areas as well. They have played their schedule and done well, not much you can do about how good the teams are. You guys lost to CT and beat Johnstown, should I claim that CT is better than Johnstown? You seem to care more about CC's success than your own team. I'll let records and results speak for themselves
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

WPIAL~Titan wrote:Down goes Johnstown
PC 60-54 in OT
PC 23/35 from FT line
Jtown 4/10 from FT line
These lop sided free throws attempts in high school basketball games always drive me crazy.  25 more foul shots is a lot more free throws to shoot than another team
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

I’m going to assume the game was played in Cresson?
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

theprophet wrote:
WPIAL~Titan wrote:Down goes Johnstown
PC 60-54 in OT
PC 23/35 from FT line
Jtown 4/10 from FT line
These lop sided free throws attempts in high school basketball games always drive me crazy.  25 more foul shots is a lot more free throws to shoot than another team
Agreed but watching the game Johnstown plays aggressive defense and are undisciplined so the fouls were warranted.  Yeah a few more could've been called against PC but I'm sure the same ratio would have favored Johnstown if it were at their place..
Baller21
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Baller21 »

Free throw numbers don’t always give true indication of quality of refs. If one team plays zone and other aggressive man to man. The man to man team should have more fouls. Also if a team drives to basket aggressively they should get more FT. A outside shooting team also won’t get to FT as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

I would say traditionally Penn Cambria is a fairly physical pressing team who shoots a lot of 3’s

D6 will admit they have a problem finding quality guys to officiate games and are looking to recruit better refs.

35 fouls to 10 though is an extreme difference for a high school game that has 4, 8 minutes quarter. NBA teams don’t shoot that many foul shots in a game
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

My kid once had a playoff game in D10 land where one kid had 18 free throw attempts in ONE quarter.   One of the craziest things I ever saw.   Referees have bias for and against certain players.  It is just human nature.  
CoachFranklin
Freshman
Freshman

Post by CoachFranklin »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
lgb87cape wrote:
CC 91
Bedford 66

I’m not trying to pick a fight here Devil I promise, I’m just curious to why when I’m watching Alex Persio’s highlights from the game last night he is shooting a bunch of three pointers and the starters are still in, in the 4th quarter up 20 + points? I’m sure the younger kids love working really hard all week, and then getting a great opportunity to play a few varsity minutes in the 4th quarter of a blowout win only for Coach Stephen to keep all of his starters in to what increase stats?? I don’t see any other reason to keep your starters and your 6’6 stud in late in the 4th quarter up 20+ points.