Westmont/Mccort
Section 2
Fh / BC

Heritage  girls
Blairsville / Penna manor

Westpac girls
Berlin
Portage
I agree with almost all of that.  Besides westmont.  They’ve played well early so far, but I don’t see them finishing as strong.  
Hvl32
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Conference Favorites

Post by Hvl32 »

A experienced team with a good coach new year and confidence ..The section of the Laurel Highlands there in is not that tough just don’t sleep on Westmont girls this year
bigtube
Freshman
Freshman

Post by bigtube »

January 3rd, Westmont girls play at McCort. That will be the measuring stick as to who is the favorite in the LHAC South. The Westmont loss to Cambria Heights is misleading. The game site was changed the day of the game, there was no school because of the threat, and the hour bus ride didn't help. In hindsight, Westmont sure is wishing they would have cancelled and played at home. The rest of the section is not strong.
Hvl32
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Hvl32 »

Westmont plays Fh nxt Thursday. That will tell a lot also still like the direction it’s going good luck to them
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

FH is @ Johnstown tonight, and hosts Richland Friday. (boys)
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Today is a good measuring stick day in the LHAC, tons of matchups that should help paint the picture.  

On the WestPAC side of things, I'm a bit intrigued in the Turkeyfoot Valley boys team.   They are averaging 99 points a game.  Whether it's a fluke or not, 99 points is kind of a story.  They play Portage tonight, I'm just interested in the point total from that game.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

For many years, Turkeyfoot is usually not a very big team, so makes up for it by press, run, gun.
It ain't over until it's over.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

This Turkeyfoot team was good last year. They lost a lost from last year with Enos and Kemp graduating, but Lytle can shoot the lights out and Diehl is huge underneath. They have only 10 on their roster with 5 seniors. Good for them. I would love to see this small school do well. I would not be surprised if they put up over 90 again tonight at Portage.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

SwaggyJ23 wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:Huntingdon has to be the favorite thus far in the Mountain League. Tyrone and Bellefonte should be in the mix and Central seems to play to their competition on any given night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I heard that Bellefonte had a couple players quit that played last year. I’m not sure if there is any truth to that. Anyone know if it’s true?
Quit or go to St Joes like the 6 wrestlers from Bellefonte did?
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

How does the WestPac boys look Hank?  How do Berlin and Turkeyfoot stack up with one another for the section?  Blacklick Valley in the other section?