Conference Favorites

Hardwood chatter
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Conference Favorites

Post by CharlieConway »

How are the conferences shaping up in your guys opinion?  LHAC/Mountain/Sideling Hill?
Just from what I am seeing, Richland and Central Cambria are the teams that are favored in the LHAC, but there are a lot of really good teams in there as well (BG, FH, PC, BM, Johnstown, etc) that could beat anyone in the area.  The Mountain League looks very competitive and a few teams are climbing.  Sideling Hill League I am unsure, scores/wins seem to be sporadic.  Is Everett or Southern Fulton remaining the perennial powers?
Merry Christmas to you all!
Thanks!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Conference Favorites

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Just some quick observations from the LHAC I've seen to this point.

Section I

-- I think CC is the team to beat in Section I, but that can all change.  They have good shooters and the best big man in the league.  We'll find out a lot about them this week with games @ McCort and Johnstown. 

-- BG is going to do what they do, and that's shoot it.  They have a lot of kids that can hit 3's.  Labriola and Ruggery are good players. They'll be in the thick of things all year long. 

-- Forest Hills appears better than last year.   Johnstown and Richland this week, so we'll see where they really stand. But I think they'll hold their own. 

-- Bishop Carroll is definitely going to win more than 7 games this year.  They are really, really improved.  Wouldn't shock me if they make a run at the section title. 

-- Been an interesting ride through 4 games for PC.  Showed what they are capable of by beating Johnstown, but they really struggled in the first three games.  Wonder which PC team shows up in the future. 

-- Heights only won 3 games last year, they may have more than that before January 1.  Highlanders are certainly better than last year. 

Section II

-- Richland is the class of the league, bar none. They are talented at every spot, and they play well together.  They won't lose many games this season. Not really a surprise, we all figured that would be the case going in. Caleb Burke is really, really impressive for a sophomore. 

-- Johnstown is talented, but they need to bring it every night.  They'll be tough in a few weeks once everything starts to click. 

-- McCort is probably a little better than expected. There are a lot of good PG's in this league right now, and Seidel is up there with most of them. 

-- Somerset, might be down a bit.  They have some athletes, but this is a tough league. 

-- Westmont is going to take some lumps this year, but they have some young kids I like.  Aston Fortson is a good-looking sophomore forward, could be a good one for the Hilltoppers. 

-- Bedford has some good young talent, but like Westmont - will take lumps. But they could surprise some people.  Held their own against Central yesterday.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Huntingdon has to be the favorite thus far in the Mountain League. Tyrone and Bellefonte should be in the mix and Central seems to play to their competition on any given night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

I got Bishop Carroll in section 1. Only lost to Johnstown by 10 and then had Richland beat late but lost by 6.

I have Richland in section 2.
SwaggyJ23
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by SwaggyJ23 »

DragonsDoExist wrote:Huntingdon has to be the favorite thus far in the Mountain League. Tyrone and Bellefonte should be in the mix and Central seems to play to their competition on any given night.

I heard that Bellefonte had a couple players quit that played last year. I’m not sure if there is any truth to that. Anyone know if it’s true?
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

SwaggyJ23 wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:Huntingdon has to be the favorite thus far in the Mountain League. Tyrone and Bellefonte should be in the mix and Central seems to play to their competition on any given night.

I heard that Bellefonte had a couple players quit that played last year. I’m not sure if there is any truth to that. Anyone know if it’s true?
Haven't heard and they are the one team in the conference I haven't seen or heard much of.

You play to win the game!!!
Lionjacket
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Lionjacket »

Chestnut Ridge might have to be the favorite in the Sidling Hill League as they beat Southern Fulton the other night
Bagman
Junior
Junior

Post by Bagman »

Ridge is probably the heavy favorite for the Sideling Hill.
Hvl32
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Hvl32 »

LHAC boys
Section 1
Cc
Section 2
Richland

Girls
Section1
Westmont/Mccort
Section 2
Fh / BC

Heritage girls
Blairsville / Penna manor

Westpac girls
Berlin
Portage
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

We don't know a ton about the LHAC yet other than it's been very competitive and Richland is still the team to beat. But we will learn a lot over the next 3 days. I'm personally looking to see how CC does against McCort/Johnstown down one of their starters and better shooters in Nick Knopp. They did fine against Bedford as expected but will need keep the intensity. This team will live and die by the 3 but they have been hot so far, I think maxpreps has them shooting near 50% beyond the arc which makes for a defensive nightmare with Holsinger underneath.