Altoona Student Section

Hardwood chatter
SwaggyJ23
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Altoona Student Section

Post by SwaggyJ23 »

What will the Altoona School District do about this situation? I feel bad for the Ottaway family that people can be so sick minded. Prayers go out to the family. I hope they eliminate the student section for the remainder of the year (or longer) and punish the students who took part in this sick act
SwaggyJ23
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Altoona Student Section

Post by SwaggyJ23 »

Pretty sad also that other students didn’t step up and stop this
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

This is very sad and I feel terrible for the family. Hopefully the kids that started it don’t state the freedom of speech and they did nothing wrong. The parents of those kids should be ashamed of themselves. Personally I don’t see Altoona doing anything to them. I could however seeing the district doing something to them.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

It would help some of us if you would tell us what happened.
SwaggyJ23
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by SwaggyJ23 »

It’s all over the place I figured you would’ve heard. One of holidaysburg players mom passed away in 2016 and the Altoona student section started chanting “Ottaways Mom”. He is the player who had his mom pass away. There’s a article in Altoona Mirror and it’s all over Facebook. It’s sickening
Justafanwholovessports
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Justafanwholovessports »

Very disappointing and these student sections have taken something that should be fun and school spirit and turned it into distasteful event. I have witnessed these at various schools and have found that most cross the line at some time during the game. These actions don't promote sportmanship.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I recall the Woodland Hills student section had to be disbanded for a season a year or two ago, and the only way students were allowed to attend home games was with a parent.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

A kid in the Forest Hills student section was wearing a confederate flag at a football game against a team with at least five black players this season. Yes kids do stupid things, but what about all of the FH adults that were nearby, including the superintendent. Is no one willing to be the adult anymore? Surely there were plenty of Altoona adults around. I would have drug my kid out of there by the hair if they did something like this.
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

Colonel Mustard wrote:A kid in the Forest Hills student section was wearing a confederate flag at a football game against a team with at least five black players this season. Yes kids do stupid things, but what about all of the FH adults that were nearby, including the superintendent. Is no one willing to be the adult anymore? Surely there were plenty of Altoona adults around. I would have drug my kid out of there by the hair if they did something like this.
He was wearing an actual flag, or a shirt with a flag on it?  Regardless, a Confederate Flag doesn't automatically deem you a racist.  So by the other team having a handful of black players, you are going to infer that he was directing racist tones by wearing this shirt or flag???? Kind of a little leap don't you think? 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

What else does a confederate flag mean to a kid from the "North"?