Re: 1-29 thru 2-3 scores, etc., etc.

Post by theprophet »

Maybe Tyrone dropped tonight’s game to try to avoid Jtown. Smart Play
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

1-29 thru 2-3 scores, etc., etc.

Post by DragonsDoExist »

theprophet wrote:Maybe Tyrone dropped tonight’s game to try to avoid Jtown. Smart Play
They are pretty much locked in the 2 and 3 spots barring anything crazy. Would require multiple upsets the last 3 or 4 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

Drop as many as you need to. What does it matter if you have 18 wins but you lose in the 1st round of the playoffs.
Ballislyfe
Junior
Junior

Post by Ballislyfe »

Justafanwholovessports wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:Bellwood's Alli Campbell hit the 1k point mark last night. Pretty impressive for a sophomore!

Unfortunately I'm not sold on all the hype for the Campbell girl yet. I've watched some of their games and have reviewed the maxprep stats. A few games back she was shooting 2 1/2 times more than anyone else on the team. Bellwood has a capable scorer at all positions. I know that social media has changed the way things are communicated but it could too much self promotion this early in her career. I see a coach full court pressing on inferior teams, keeping her in games to get 8-10 garbage points a game. When I looked at the stats, I don't see a great three point percentage and if you take 8-10 she gets off of easy steals, not necessarily a great 2 percentage. I understand bellwood is limited in its schedule and I'm sure she has caught the eye of some of these aau summer tournaments but to me even some of them are watered-down.  That's like the juniata valley girls that she has played with, how many games over the past 5-6 do you think those girls have played together? Then you go play these travel teams that were put together at the end of the season and playing a team that has played 200-300 games together. I guess I'm trying to get other people thoughts on some of this. I have seen the Bellwood coach switch her off other teams best players because she isn't quick enough to guard them without getting into foul trouble. I just don't see the explosiveness or quickness of some other local players from the altoona, bg, or hollidaysburg teams that played at pitt, saint francis, and some of the local division one teams. There are some very good basketball players in the area, but also there are a lot of one trick ponies out there who only perform against inferior or over matched opponents. I say that not necessarily against the Campbell girl but as general statement of all the hype with the data that is now collected. Guess I'm just old school where you contest every shot, dive on the floor for every loose ball, stood in and took the charge, and made that one extra pass to get all your teammates engaged. Where you put TEAM goals above personal goals.
College coaches aren’t so much seeing who Alli plays now or doesn’t, if they are garbage points or not. If her 3 point % is off.  Yes her stats and play are taken into account.  But what they see is a player who handles the rock well, has good length, is a very smart player and approaches the game w confidence and respect. And overall seems to b a great humble kid.    Those are traits they can build on.  And heck the girl has 2 years left.  Full years.  Who created this so called hype?? Us on bleacher coaches? Fans? Or maybe it’s not hype?? At some point it’s just reality.  Hats off to a great player, and any player for that matter who wants more from the game, and works hard.  College coaches don’t pick players based off one aau game.  They use potential and body of work to date. And as of now they have little to go off and like what they see. Always great to have good players in the area.  Whether we like the team, town, coach or former teams.  At some point just respect they are better
Ballislyfe
Junior
Junior

Post by Ballislyfe »

lgb87cape wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:
lgb87cape wrote: There's  nothing wrong with pre made banners. Just put up accurate information 2017-co would be appropriate. 
This is so petty, it's a flipping highschool banner. Why can't they just both have ones that have "2017 Champ"? You sound like a guy that still dusts his little league trophies off and brags about being tournament champs back in 76'
You know what all you clowns that sit behind a screen name. Yes, me included. Why don't we all come out from behind our screen names and discuss topics face to face. We can go to Penn Gables, PJ's, Morris Tavern or wherever . All centrally located . I'd love to put a screen name to a face. I'd love to see CC Devil, Manfred let's have a few and a round table discussion. I'm in . Who else? Or is everybody afraid and wants to stay behind a computer screen name ??
Meeting of the minds.  Sounds like a great idea in theory.  Until ego and opinions ruin that idea 
PerryChicker
Freshman
Freshman

Post by PerryChicker »

Nice AA matchup tomorrow night 2-3. Coudersport travels to Ridgway. "City Of Basketball Love"

http://www.cityofbasketballlove.com/new ... id=1566508

has Coudy ranked #7 and Ridgway # 5.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Boys
Central 69
P-O 46

Girls
Central 59
P-O 27

You play to win the game!!!
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

Boys
Saint Joseph's (16-5) - 58
Carson Long (9-7) - 42

Girls
Saint Joseph's (15-3) - 49
Cowanesque Valley (12-7) - 28
PerryChicker
Freshman
Freshman

Post by PerryChicker »

Ridgway over Coudersport 59- 57. Coudy can shoot the trey alright. Dangerous team. Two tough outs come playoff time.
Joe Bivitz
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Joe Bivitz »

Justafanwholovessports wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:Bellwood's Alli Campbell hit the 1k point mark last night. Pretty impressive for a sophomore!

Unfortunately I'm not sold on all the hype for the Campbell girl yet. I've watched some of their games and have reviewed the maxprep stats. A few games back she was shooting 2 1/2 times more than anyone else on the team. Bellwood has a capable scorer at all positions. I know that social media has changed the way things are communicated but it could too much self promotion this early in her career. I see a coach full court pressing on inferior teams, keeping her in games to get 8-10 garbage points a game. When I looked at the stats, I don't see a great three point percentage and if you take 8-10 she gets off of easy steals, not necessarily a great 2 percentage. I understand bellwood is limited in its schedule and I'm sure she has caught the eye of some of these aau summer tournaments but to me even some of them are watered-down.  That's like the juniata valley girls that she has played with, how many games over the past 5-6 do you think those girls have played together? Then you go play these travel teams that were put together at the end of the season and playing a team that has played 200-300 games together. I guess I'm trying to get other people thoughts on some of this. I have seen the Bellwood coach switch her off other teams best players because she isn't quick enough to guard them without getting into foul trouble. I just don't see the explosiveness or quickness of some other local players from the altoona, bg, or hollidaysburg teams that played at pitt, saint francis, and some of the local division one teams. There are some very good basketball players in the area, but also there are a lot of one trick ponies out there who only perform against inferior or over matched opponents. I say that not necessarily against the Campbell girl but as general statement of all the hype with the data that is now collected. Guess I'm just old school where you contest every shot, dive on the floor for every loose ball, stood in and took the charge, and made that one extra pass to get all your teammates engaged. Where you put TEAM goals above personal goals.
Someone help this clown remove his foot from his mouth.   Someone please ban him from bleacher coaches.