Playoff basketball scores 2-19 to 2-24.

Hardwood chatter
Icoach
Junior
Junior

Re: Playoff basketball scores 2-19 to 2-24.

Post by Icoach »

Sidmanishome wrote:In BG’s defense, they played with “no returning letter winners, no returning starters and coach Mo’s been dealing with chronic back pain for years now .
In BG's defense...this is laughable!  So sorry Coach Mo didn't have a dad out sweeping the altoona area trying to get the best girls to enroll into BG.. So sorry that the turmoil that created at BG was because of shady business and unfair advantages...I don't feel bad for BG.  Welcome to a level playing ground!  BG lost to a public school that put the time, sweat, and dedication to build a team that is completely homegrown not hand picked by a Dad that Coach Mo "may" or "may not" (lol).  Coach Mo hope your back feels better, but didn't seem to be an issue when he was winning.  Also notice how his quotes in the Mirror this year falls back on the girls not being letter winners or not having starters!  That is because his recruits graduated and players left under turmoil times.  Now what?  He got his monumental win!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Icoach wrote:
Sidmanishome wrote:In BG’s defense, they played with “no returning letter winners, no returning starters and coach Mo’s been dealing with chronic back pain for years now .
In BG's defense...this is laughable!  So sorry Coach Mo didn't have a dad out sweeping the altoona area trying to get the best girls to enroll into BG.. So sorry that the turmoil that created at BG was because of shady business and unfair advantages...I don't feel bad for BG.  Welcome to a level playing ground!  BG lost to a public school that put the time, sweat, and dedication to build a team that is completely homegrown not hand picked by a Dad that Coach Mo "may" or "may not" (lol).  Coach Mo hope your back feels better, but didn't seem to be an issue when he was winning.  Also notice how his quotes in the Mirror this year falls back on the girls not being letter winners or not having starters!  That is because his recruits graduated and players left under turmoil times.  Now what?  He got his monumental win!
I believe Sidmanishome was being sarcastic in their post. So if you hurry up, we'll all look away while you climb down off your horse that is higher up than all of our horses
Icoach
Junior
Junior

Post by Icoach »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
Icoach wrote:
I believe Sidmanishome was being sarcastic in their post. So if you hurry up, we'll all look away while you climb down off your horse that is higher up than all of our horses
I hope it was sarcasm....if so hopping off the horse. Frustration sets in every year around this time...debating the recruiting and move ins.  It is just getting worse.  I see posts on here about JV with their lineup.  It is sad that the PIAA, schools, coaches and parents allow it to progressively get worse.  It is a loophole society.  
D6basketballfan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by D6basketballfan »

Didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but Hollidaysburg boys also won on Saturday 62-55 against Central Mountain to move on the state playoffs.
Joe Bivitz
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Joe Bivitz »

Congrats to H-burg. They didn't even have to win a game to get to the championship. Then beat a 12-11 team that they already beat twice. H-burg girls also won a district title, I believe with a losing record. I can see more teams taking a page out of the Portage girls move up to 5A to play for a district title every year
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

FH Lady Rangers in the same boat. 1st round bye, then play tomorrow night against a team that beat another team with a worse record. Total of 3 teams in the bracket.
It ain't over until it's over.
SwaggyJ23
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by SwaggyJ23 »

Manfred wrote:FH Lady Rangers in the same boat.  1st round bye, then play tomorrow night against a team that beat another team with a worse record.  Total of 3 teams in the bracket.
Just another problem with the 6 qualifications in my opinion.