Freshman
Freshman

Re: PIAA Semifinals

Post by dino1270 »

DragonsDoExist wrote:Juniata Valley 55
Bishop Carroll 33
Final

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love that the public beat the private. Nothing against BC, they seem to be a great group of girls, but I love to see the public schools excel.
And as much as I like Bellwoods girls, it doesn't sit right that they transferred in an AAU teammate from Altoona. Still hope they kick some West Catholic butt in the state final though!
TarheelFan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by TarheelFan »

dino1270 wrote:
Bishop Carroll 33
Final

Love that the public beat the private. Nothing against BC, they seem to be a great group of girls, but I love to see the public schools excel.
And as much as I like Bellwoods girls, it doesn't sit right that they transferred in an AAU teammate from Altoona. Still hope they kick some West Catholic butt in the state final though!
You must not follow local high school basketball to much. Juniata Valley has done much more recruiting recently than Carroll has. 3 of the 5 starters are not originally from valley. If they win the state title, they need to hang banners at NBC, Ridge, and Altoona as well. Or at least send them a complimentary gift basket.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

dino1270 wrote:
Bishop Carroll 33
Final

Wait, you're going to bash Bellwood but Congratulate JV when JV has been talked about pulling in AAU teammates from all over?  
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Here's hoping both BA and JV bring home the gold!

You play to win the game!!!
BigSkyCountry
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BigSkyCountry »

Transfers need to be more closely evaluated. I do believe they are looked at. The recent scenarios are getting out of hand. There is something fishy with Neuman Goretti, Juniata Valley and others. ESPN - C’mon man. Let’s level the playing field. Add another KCU - Kennedy Catholic University... this isn’t right. Not a level playing field. It is time for a change... PSWOBAA??? Pennsylvania Schools without boundaries athletic association? Where would the finances come from? A lot to consider, not as easy as it sounds?
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

The Neumann-Goretti situation with the girl averaging 33 PPG in Virginia joining them just in time for state playoffs is the worst. Fortunately new rule that goes into affect next year will prohibit that in the future.

You play to win the game!!!
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

I was originally going to root for only Bellwood, but wasn't aware they pulled in an AAU all-star to their team. I guess there isn't anymore homegrown schools that can compete at the state level. I guess the public schools are taking up the attitude to beat the privates you have to join them on the recruiting trail. This is really a sad situation for high school sports.
dino1270
Freshman
Freshman

Post by dino1270 »

I didnt know that about Juniata Valley. Well, that makes sense why they are such a power house now. I guess we are down to Blairsville and Penns Manor that were left in the competition that didnt have transfers. Unless someone knows something that I dont there too!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

My 2 C, since the public, or AAU all star teams can now beat the privates and charters at "their own game", all this is going to do is throw the doors wide open for the privates that say "we don't recruit", to do just that. A true public school, with all local lifelong players, does NOT stand a chance. Every year the % of private and charters in the final 4 in all classes, just goes UP!
It ain't over until it's over.