PIAA Semifinals

Hardwood chatter
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: PIAA Semifinals

Post by 12HankQB »

Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I don't care whether they keep things the same, make private schools move up with a multiplier system, or separate the two. It literally has no effect on my life.  I just enjoy keeping up with the games themselves honestly. 

As for the games, Richland has been very impressive this year, they've been a fun team to keep track of. It's kind of ironic, they were supposed to win the LHAC, they didn't, but I still thought they were the best team in the league.  They were supposed to win District 6, they didn't, but they are the last D6 team in AAA still standing. Unless they win it all, they won't have a banner for this season in their gym, despite it being the best Richland basketball team I've ever seen.  

I like their chances tomorrow night against Lancaster Mennonite. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Any chance it will be broadcast somewhere?
It ain't over until it's over.
Joe Bivitz
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Joe Bivitz »

Not going to try to defend the Bellwood transfer because I don't know the whole story.  I may be wrong, but I do believe she is being raised by her grandmother.  It's not that hard to believe that maybe her grandmother decided to move from Altoona to Bellwood for multiple reasons other than high school basketball.  Let's leave the names and schools out of this and compare the two scenarios.  (1) A kid being raised by grandparents, from a possible broken family moves a few miles down the road to get out of a bigger city to a small tight-knit community......(2)  Several families from an AAU team from multiple communities decide to "move" or "take up residency" in a remote community 30-60 miles from where they are originally from.  Let's just say the transfers in scenario 2 come from stable families, i.e. Dad is an orthodontist, Dad owns a used car/ATV/off road vehicle dealership.  Side note:  next time you're in Alexandria to take in a high school football game, check out the athletic departments new Side By Side that was "donated" a few years ago.  It's a big upgrade from the 1980 golf cart that was previously used.
Now let's imagine the 2 teams in these scenarios play in the same conference.  Some would say that maybe one team is just trying to keep up with the other.  Most would agree that scenario 1 is more believable and the lesser of the 2 evils.
I'll be rooting for both teams to bring home gold.  Would be great for our area and for the ICC.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I think Richland's game will be in 92.1 radio, not sure about an actual video stream.
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

Manfred wrote:Any chance it will be broadcast somewhere?
Www.nfhsnetwork.com
10 dollars for 1 month subscription. It looks like all the championship games are on there. You can also watch a lot of the state qualifying games on replay if you missed them. If you like Basketball there is virtually unlimited number of games from across the country. 
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

All well and good.  Thanks.
Getahandle
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Getahandle »

I would like to congratulate the JV girls basketball team and their coaching staff.They played a great game against BC. Really impressed with the coaching job she has done and her upbeat presence toward her players , always incouraging them but still coaching them hard. Good luck in the finals.

A BC Fan
Getahandle
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Getahandle »

I would like to congratulate the JV girls basketball team and their coaching staff.They played a great game against BC. Really impressed with the coaching job she has done and her upbeat presence toward her players , always incouraging them but still coaching them hard. Good luck in the finals.

A BC Fan
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I think Richland's game will be in 92.1 radio, not sure about an actual video stream.
So much for the Richland boys being broadcast on 92.1.  Nada, zip, zilch.