Recruiting - JV.

Hardwood chatter
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Recruiting - JV.

Post by ERAChamp »

CharlesBarkley123 wrote:
Colonel Mustard wrote:According to a friend that knows girls bball, McCort pulled in the best player from the Jr. High ranks this off-season.  Can't comment on whether she is on scholarship.
So the girl is already attending McCort last year. Why is it big news she is playing Varsity next year????
The girl wasn't already in the system.  She has been in at a least a few public schools in the area in elementary school & junior high, but never at a parochial school until going to McCort this coming year.
CharlesBarkley123
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Recruiting - JV.

Post by CharlesBarkley123 »

ERAChamp wrote:
CharlesBarkley123 wrote:
Colonel Mustard wrote:According to a friend that knows girls bball, McCort pulled in the best player from the Jr. High ranks this off-season.  Can't comment on whether she is on scholarship.
So the girl is already attending McCort last year. Why is it big news she is playing Varsity next year????
The girl wasn't already in the system.  She has been in at a least a few public schools in the area in elementary school & junior high, but never at a parochial school until going to McCort this coming year.
So she has been in at least a few public schools in elementary & junior high.... sounds like McCort did not have to pull her in too hard
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

Which public school? 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

ERAChamp wrote:
CharlesBarkley123 wrote:
So if she landed at one of the "few" public schools, nobody would care I take it? 
Lionspride
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Lionspride »

Guy at work overhears our conversation and says that the one family at JV who lives there sent the boy to central for football? Did he pay tuition at central? Guess jv basketball is good enough but there football team isn’t? Smdh. I bet there closet looked like Christmas with all the jv green and central red.
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:
ERAChamp wrote:
CharlesBarkley123 wrote: So the girl is already attending McCort last year. Why is it big news she is playing Varsity next year????
So if she landed at one of the "few" public schools, nobody would care I take it? 
This entire thread is titled “Recruiting-JV.”  People care no matter where kids choose to go. Maybe take your McCort apologist goggles off, and you will realize that. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I'm not much of a McCort apologist. I just like to know where everyone stands. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Lionspride wrote:Did he pay tuition at central?  
He would have to, unless Central is recruiting kids and putting them up in houses in Roaring Spring. 
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kmr »

So is it true the PIAA set a date which is June 10th kids can start looking at other schools to transfer?  At one point I did care about transfers but now it really doesn't matter.  It's like free agency.  Its actually pretty fun to follow where everyone is going.  My son is young I'm going to start looking maybe take his talents to Huntington we like the beaches of Raystown.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:
I've never understood why people care what people can afford to pay tuition wise, it's not anyone's business. 
You would care if you have been paying catholic school tuition for years, and someone that doesn't comes in and replaces your kid in the lineup.  I've talked to more than one BM parent that isn't too happy about the school constantly asking for donations and then handing out scholarships to athletes that bump their kids.