Hardwood chatter
CharlesBarkley123
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Recruiting - JV.

Post by CharlesBarkley123 »

Colonel Mustard wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:
Colonel Mustard wrote:According to a friend that knows girls bball, McCort pulled in the best player from the Jr. High ranks this off-season.  Can't comment on whether she is on scholarship.
I've never understood why people care what people can afford to pay tuition wise, it's not anyone's business. 
You would care if you have been paying catholic school tuition for years, and someone that doesn't comes in and replaces your kid in the lineup.  I've talked to more than one BM parent that isn't too happy about the school constantly asking for donations and then handing out scholarships to athletes that bump their kids.
So where are all these people that are being asked for donations then have their kids passes up on... surely if this happens all the time someone would be mad enough to step forward and spill the beans ... heck now a day people step forward and speak their mind on any injustice... until I see the proof I call bull... all these stories about I know a guy who said this or that or had a friend whose kid went there and they said... were are they at????? 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Colonel Mustard wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:
Colonel Mustard wrote:According to a friend that knows girls bball, McCort pulled in the best player from the Jr. High ranks this off-season.  Can't comment on whether she is on scholarship.
I've never understood why people care what people can afford to pay tuition wise, it's not anyone's business. 
You would care if you have been paying catholic school tuition for years, and someone that doesn't comes in and replaces your kid in the lineup.  I've talked to more than one BM parent that isn't too happy about the school constantly asking for donations and then handing out scholarships to athletes that bump their kids.
I think parents of kids that don't start are unhappy everywhere in America, doesn't seem unique to me. 
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

I agree with that Crim. And I really don't have a problem with anything the private schools are doing. If you send your kids there, you are accepting the risk that someone better may come along at any moment.

I just think they should be competing against other privates. It's like having a travel/aau team in a rec league. Not sure what anyone gets out of beating up on inferior opponents.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I think they'll come to a compromise and do the Illinois multiplier system, which should help balance and at least give the class A schools what they want. 
Lionspride
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Lionspride »

At least when it comes to the Catholic schools tuition is paid. Most of the time with the public transfer a “address” is all that is needed. Like jV and central
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

I don't know the specifics of JV, but there seems to be a pretty big difference between 1 or 2 transfers and 10 other kids that came up through the public school elementary system versus 1 or 2 kids that came up through the parochial system and 10 transfers.
CharlesBarkley123
Freshman
Freshman

Post by CharlesBarkley123 »

Colonel Mustard wrote:I don't know the specifics of JV, but there seems to be a pretty big difference between 1 or 2 transfers and 10 other kids that came up through the public school elementary system versus 1 or 2 kids that came up through the parochial system and 10 transfers.
You aren’t serious are you??? 1 or 2 transfers on a good team puts you in State title contention.... take those transfers away and probably not even a D6 contender 
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Relax there round mound. I'm not for public school transfers, but there are always going to be people moving to different districts, and I'm not sure you can do anything about that. Just saying 1 or 2 transfers is a little easier to swallow than building full teams with transfers, which seems to be what the privates are doing.
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

Colonel Mustard wrote:Relax there round mound. I'm not for public school transfers, but there are always going to be people moving to different districts, and I'm not sure you can do anything about that. Just saying 1 or 2 transfers is a little easier to swallow than building full teams with transfers, which seems to be what the privates are doing.
Yeah I mean look at that district 6 champion Bishop McCort Girls Basketball team. What was that starting 5 Crimson? Westmont, Westmont Homer Center, United, and Windber?
Then again look at that State Champion, Bellwood team getting the 6 footer from Altoona last year. Transfers are everywhere private and public. 
SteelTownSpud
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SteelTownSpud »

Lionspride wrote:Guy at work overhears our conversation and says that the one family at JV who lives there sent the boy to central for football? Did he pay tuition at central?  Guess jv basketball is good enough but there football team isn’t? Smdh. I bet there closet looked like Christmas with all the jv green and central red.
He or you obviously haven't been around the area that long if you don't know who this kid was and why he was at Central. Long story but had nothing to do with recruiting......