Opening Weekend

Hardwood chatter
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Opening Weekend

Post by PortagePride »

theprophet wrote:Big loses by Westmont, Central Cambria, Penn Cambria let’s me know the bottom half of the LHAC might be at an all time low.  If you are losing by 30 to CT and United, what are the likes of BG, BC, Johnstown, and the Richlands of the worlds going to do to these teams.
Out watching some LHAC Teams this weekend I was having a conversation with some others around me that the Westpac is probably AS competitive as the LHAC this season. Shade, Shanksville and North Star all have very good teams, the next tier with Township, Berlin and Blacklick isn't too shabby either. Watching Central Cambria get dismantled the way they did was a little surprising due to their usual and recent success. When does the area get their first taste of the new additions and look to the Trojans this week?
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

Girls....
I was thinking PV, Central, and Tyrone all being pretty close
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Johnstown starts the season with Forest Hills on Wednesday in Sidman.  I heard the 6-7 transfer for Johnstown is pretty good. They are going to be really good I think.

New numbers have Trojans in 5A this season. 
BigSkyCountry
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BigSkyCountry »

I would agree that WestPAC basketball top tier teams have the potential to be pretty tough this year. Many of the teams return the core if not all of the major contributors to the teams. Shade and Shanksville both made the final 4 with the majority of their teams back. The Shade/JCS transfer to NS may be a bit of a hit for Shade, but they are still very talented. NS pick up will take them to a new level. CT returns their entire starting 5 from last year. Blacklick returns a solid core. Will make for an interesting season. Windber will be an improved team from last year. Coach Slatcoff has them going in the right direction. 
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

theprophet wrote:Big loses by Westmont, Central Cambria, Penn Cambria let’s me know the bottom half of the LHAC might be at an all time low.  If you are losing by 30 to CT and United, what are the likes of BG, BC, Johnstown, and the Richlands of the worlds going to do to these teams.
It's early yet and you have to play the games. We can sit here and make predictions all day looking at schedules . PCs loss to CT is a little deceiving when CT shot 39 free throws to PCs 9. Yes, PC still would have lost but not by 30. With a 4 plus to 1 ratio in free throw attempts by CT
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Without picking a winner, tonight's game will be a good season-opening guideline as to how PC and FH will perform. Rangers never play well in Cresson.
It ain't over until it's over.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

lgb87cape wrote:
It's early yet and you have to play the games. We can sit here and make predictions all day looking at schedules . PCs loss to CT is a little deceiving when CT shot 39 free throws to PCs 9. Yes, PC still would have lost but not by 30. With a 4 plus to 1 ratio in free throw attempts by CT
CT returned pretty much everyone from a good team last year. They're a good team.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I’m not too surprised Township handled Penn Cambria. As Hank said, they had some good kids returning. Sometimes aggressive teams shoot more foul shots in basketball games. It happens.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

lgb87cape wrote:
It's ok to lose basketball games I'm just looking at the state of the union of LHAC basketball at this point in the season.  Lets not use the foul shot game as an excuse, CT was up 43-19 at the half.  Lets give credit were its due.  Stop fouling and play cleaner.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

12HankQB wrote:
lgb87cape wrote:
CT returned pretty much everyone from a good team last year. They're a good team.
That too. PC lost 4 starters..