BC Basketball

Hardwood chatter
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

BC Basketball

Post by reugenev »

What’s going on with hoops at BC?  Cosie’s on a medical leave and now there are rumblings that Gongloff is out?
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: BC Basketball

Post by crfball »

I would assume that means Cosie's got a medical problem and is on a medical leave and Gongloff might be out.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Gongloff was ousted by parents upset about playing time for their daughters.  Allegations were made to right people.
Now multiple  transfers have gone back to public schools upset that certain parents manipulated the system.    It is a real mess.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

My observations over the years, and feel free to disagree or flame. He ran this team of young ladies like the worst drill sergeant I ever knew, and I knew a few. Amazing there weren't more defections over the years he was there. No argument he knew how to coach or manage the game, he just didn't relate to his players. That was what I saw during the games- what was he like the other 22 hrs. of the day?
It ain't over until it's over.
CRUSHER92
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by CRUSHER92 »

Playing time might be what has been used as the reasoning but this issue stems far deeper than parents complaining about that. This isn’t anywhere close to the first time these issues have been brought up, as others have been swept under the carpet.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Manfred wrote:My observations over the years, and feel free to disagree or flame.  He ran this team of young ladies like the worst drill sergeant I ever knew, and I knew a few.  Amazing there weren't more defections over the years he was there.  No argument he knew how to coach or manage the game, he just didn't relate to his players.  That was what I saw during the games- what was he like the other 22 hrs. of the day?
I always thought he was an asshole.
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kmr »

Here's what I don't understand Gongloff has always been this way from the early 90s to present time, parents know that. If you don't like it then don't send your kid there. Was he fired? I know he was on leave
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

kmr wrote:Here's what I don't understand Gongloff has always been this way from the early 90s to present time, parents know that.  If you don't like it then don't send your kid there.   Was he fired?  I know he was on leave
Parents tend to be more proactive in making sure everything is perfect for their kids now then in the 90's.
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by kmr »

CRUSHER92 wrote:Playing time might be what has been used as the reasoning but this issue stems far deeper than parents complaining about that. This isn’t anywhere close to the first time these issues have been brought up, as others have been swept under the carpet.
Totally agree!!! The issue's that have been swept under the carpet are so much worse then what is happening now.  If it wasn't for the exchange students this school wouldn't last to much longer.  The amount of kids that are transferring from Holy Name and other Catholic grade schools after their 8th grade year is at a all time high.