LHAC update 1-25-18

Hardwood chatter
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: LHAC update 1-25-18

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

1, Johnstown 16-1 (13-1)  {@Bedford // Richland // @ Central Cambria // @ Westmont // OPEN}

2, Bishop Guilfoyle 15-2 (12-1) {@Bishop Carroll // @ Central Cambria // @ Cambria Heights // @ Forest Hills // @ Bishop McCort} 

3, Bishop Carroll 13-3 (11-2) {@Somerset // Bishop Guilfoyle // @Penn Cambria // @Blairsville // Westmont // Somerset}

4, Richland 13-4 (9-4) {Penn Cambria // Somerset // @Johnstown // Chestnut Ridge //@Westmont}

5,  Forest Hills 12-6 (9-5) {Somerset // Westmont // Bishop Guilfoyle // @Cambria Heights}

6, Bishop McCort 9-9 (8-6) {Westmont // @Chestnut Ridge // Penn Cambria // Bishop Guilfoyle}

7, Cambria Heights 9-7 (7-7) {@Central Cambria // @Portage // Bishop Guilfoyle // @Bald Eagle // @Bedford // Forest Hills}

8, Bedford 8-9 (6-9) {Everett // Johnstown // @Somerset // Cambria Heights // @Chestnut Ridge}

9, Somerset 5-11 (3-9) {Bishop Carroll // @Forest Hills // @Richland // Bedford // Central Cambria // @Bishop Carroll } 

10, Westmont 5-12 (3-10) {@Bishop McCort // @Forest Hills // @Bishop Carroll // Richland // Johnstown}

11, Central Cambria 5-12 (3-12) {Cambria Heights // Bishop Guilfoyle // @Somerset // Johnstown // @Blairsville}

12, Chestnut Ridge 4-14 (3-12) {Bishop McCort // @Richland // Bedford // OPEN}

13, Penn Cambria 5-14 (3-12) {@Richland // Bishop Carroll // @Bishop McCort}

I think that's up to date. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

LHAC playoff is only the top 4, correct? So 'my' #5 could win out all 4 remaining games and still not make it unless top 4 collapse somehow. Disappointing.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

It is top 4. Forest Hills would need Richland to lose to Johnstown and get upset somewhere else. Forest Hills would then have to win out, and that would include beating BG.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

Forest Hills seems to be playing well right now but they had their chances vs Richland, BC and gave up leads and lost. Also had a bad lost to Somerset. Not disappointing.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

Also FH still might get in, was told at the BC game the tie breaker may not be head to head due to snake schedule but strength of liked opponent defeated. So if Johnstown beats Richland and FH wins out, because FH would have beat Johnstown they would get in. Can someone verify?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

On a side note, for anyone interested, last night Adam Cecere was honored for being named the Pa. Wendy's High School Heisman winner, out of a thousand entrants.  In the 25 years since Dave Thomas Wendy's founder started this award, it has been extremely rare for a single school to have -2- recipients.  The Rangers' first was Caitlyn Gallaher in 2013.  This award is for academic, athletic, and community service combined.  Congrats, AC.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Bishop Carroll defeated Somerset in the only game I think was played last night.  I believe all schools are cancelled today and tomorrow, so these should be the standings heading into Friday. 

1, Johnstown 16-1 (13-1)  {@Bedford // Richland // @ Central Cambria // @ Westmont // OPEN}

2, Bishop Guilfoyle 15-2 (12-1) {@Bishop Carroll // @ Central Cambria // @ Cambria Heights // @ Forest Hills // @ Bishop McCort}

3, Bishop Carroll 14-3 (12-2) {Bishop Guilfoyle // @Penn Cambria // @Blairsville // Westmont // Somerset}

4, Richland 13-4 (9-4) {Penn Cambria // Somerset // @Johnstown // Chestnut Ridge //@Westmont}

5,  Forest Hills 12-6 (9-5) {Somerset // Westmont // Bishop Guilfoyle // @Cambria Heights}

6, Bishop McCort 9-9 (8-6) {Westmont // @Chestnut Ridge // Penn Cambria // Bishop Guilfoyle}

7, Cambria Heights 9-7 (7-7) {@Central Cambria // @Portage // Bishop Guilfoyle // @Bald Eagle // @Bedford // Forest Hills}

8, Bedford 8-9 (6-9) {Everett // Johnstown // @Somerset // Cambria Heights // @Chestnut Ridge}

9, Somerset 5-12 (3-10) {@Forest Hills // @Richland // Bedford // Central Cambria // @Bishop Carroll }

10, Westmont 5-12 (3-10) {@Bishop McCort // @Forest Hills // @Bishop Carroll // Richland // Johnstown}

11, Central Cambria 5-12 (3-12) {Cambria Heights // Bishop Guilfoyle // @Somerset // Johnstown // @Blairsville}

12, Chestnut Ridge 4-14 (3-12) {Bishop McCort // @Richland // Bedford // OPEN}

13, Penn Cambria 5-14 (3-12) {@Richland // Bishop Carroll // @Bishop McCort}
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

I will give a tip of the cap to Cambria Heights.  Good work.  Things appear headed in the right direction.  From the games I have been to, the kids are grasping an identity and taking smarter shots.  Playing much better defense and even some hustle plays mixed in (diving on the floor, personal favorite of mine).  

A surprise has been Chestnut Ridge.  They have kept it a lot closer than I expected.  The kids play extremely hard, in fact, hard enough to have won some more games.  I have personally witnessed a lot of game management down the stretch and subbing.  The parents and spectators have voiced their frustrations during the games, its been ugly at times.  I'm not condoning their actions, but some of the stuff they are pointing out, is indeed obvious.  Running "Stack" on a baseline out of bounds play, those are plays taught at the elementary level.  When you lose by three, there we some missed opportunities.  There a many free resources out.  I don't want to bash too hard, just some suggestions to improve.  

He is a young coach and give him time, he clearly has a lot of learning to do.  Often a young coach wants to please, I can see this in the mass line changes (5 out 5 in).  Here is something I read that may help some of the younger guys in the game.  Major universities and national powers can't even go 10-12 with substitutions, please don't even try it at the HS level.  I respect anyone that coaches and puts in the time, its a thankless job.  Hopefully CR and the coach can use this one as learning experience.  I hope the kids keep battling, they have been in some ball games they had no business in.
Thanks!
CrazyTrain
Freshman
Freshman

Post by CrazyTrain »

CharlieConway wrote:I will give a tip of the cap to Cambria Heights.  Good work.  Things appear headed in the right direction.  From the games I have been to, the kids are grasping an identity and taking smarter shots.  Playing much better defense and even some hustle plays mixed in (diving on the floor, personal favorite of mine).  
             I totally agree with you. The one thing I’ve noticed this year is they’re more motivated to play than the past couple years. I think Issac Vescovi has a lot to do with it too. He’s an assistant coach this year for the Highlanders. He’s brought a new attitude to these kids and it’s showing. It’ll be interesting to see if he wants to make the jump to head coach someday and will CH let him go. It would be a shame to lose a young, fresh talent like him to another school, because Nagle isn’t going anywhere for awhile in my opinion. A school looking for a coach would be crazy not to give this kid a shot. If that’s what he wants to do of course.
Tigersharks
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Tigersharks »

Cupboard is gonna be pretty bare next year at Heights. Some underclassmen need to get more dedicated and put in court-time if they want to have any success.

I do agree with the Issac assessment, kids seem to relate to him and he is bringing in a fresh perspective...defense first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk